Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kradcliffe said:

The ticker bar at the bottom is still inaccurate for calculating track times. Sometimes it runs past the displayed time of the track.

As it happens, I just noticed the same thing yesterday. The accuracy of the progress bar seems to be rather worse on some tracks than others, I assumed it's probably VBR related, and I'll send a sample file to Max for him to look into.

On the sample track I've been testing, the displayed end-time seems to be pretty-much correct. If I leave the track playing all the way through from start to finish and time it with a stopwatch, it does play for the exact amount of time that Poweramp, and other apps, display as the running-time. Poweramp shows 3:39 whereas everything else I have reports it as 3:38, but I expect that’s just a rounding issue. However tapping within the progress bar to adjust the playback location does not set the correct position.

For example, on this 3:38 track (which Poweramp shows as 3:39), tapping on the progress bar somewhere fairly near to the start (say about 15% in, but not close enough to the beginning to reset the track to zero) causes the audio to play from the beginning of the song, even though the current-time indicator is reporting the intended 0:25 position. Similarly, tapping near the end (at about 90% along the bar) again causes the display to show the approximate time that you would expect (3:25 for example) but PA is obviously not really playing at that location because if you let it continue, the timecode indicator will carry on past the 'end' of the track and it eventually finishes at a displayed time of 4:04.

Andre

16 hours ago, JimJamz said:

Ah, sorry. How's the ROM?

I am using the build from the 14th (he updates extremely often, sometimes daily so I can't keep up) and so far no problems whatsoever. It's a lot more bells and whistles than Sultan's build but I don't see it bogging down the phone.

Sorry for the OT guys!

9 hours ago, fmc000 said:

Hi-res output not available on my OPO running slimsaber MM. mixer_paths.xml attached.

mixer_paths.xml

Thanks for the report. Please note that Hi-Res output is experimental feature. Unfortunately mixer_paths.xml or any of other files from the device can't help, as if there is no driver/ROM/AudioFlinger, etc. support, no any config files will help (even if you modify them to look like it supports Hi-Res).

18 minutes ago, Passiunce said:

Confused about why it says snapdragon when 24bit when my phone has a ak4490 32 bit amp, is Poweramp bypassing the amp or is it a error. Running ZTE Axon 6.0

Have the same problem with my Vibe x3

It says snapdragon when it should say ESS Sabre Which my phone has

Unfortunately, tests shown that ZTE Axon (Mini) has no any Hi-Res support (at least on current OTA ROM). It may have some 24/32bit internal processing, but output is limited by 48khz (tests done in stock Axon Mini player with flac files 24bits/96 and 192khz).

I can guess, this applies to ZTE Axon (non-mini) version as well.

I'm also unable to get album art to show in the Album Artist list.  I've done a full rescan and deleted the album art cache.

Otherwise a really solid update - Album Artist was my last real must have.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Unfortunately, tests shown that ZTE Axon (Mini) has no any Hi-Res support (at least on current OTA ROM). It may have some 24/32bit internal processing, but output is limited by 48khz (tests done in stock Axon Mini player with flac files 24bits/96 and 192khz).

I can guess, this applies to ZTE Axon (non-mini) version as well.

Forgot to mention I have the Pro model with the amp, not sure about the axon mini.

For relevance: www.androidauthority.com/axon-phone-hi-fi-audio-626925/

21 hours ago, phobos24 said:

I just turned on "Hi-Res Output"...no settings changed...It is mostly bypassing the ESS dac and using the Snapdragon one.Could anyone with a V10 snapshot their Info screen which shows which Dac is used in ouput.

this is from my v10... if I enable hi-res, sound becomes muffled and garbled (like a shredded speaker) but with Open SL output, it's great.. and with better sound balance than build 700 (my saved EQs had to adjusted to much lower settings)...

Capture+_2016-03-26-08-14-36.png

5 hours ago, kokopaps said:

this is from my v10... if I enable hi-res, sound becomes muffled and garbled (like a shredded speaker) but with Open SL output, it's great.. and with better sound balance than build 700 (my saved EQs had to adjusted to much lower settings)...

Hmm...i have the same info on my screen , tried the Open SL ouput but that only outputs to "16 bits and 48khz". It should be outputting at a better quality with the SABRE DAC dont you think so.

Got a parsing error for this apk, Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2. Alpha 700 Installation was ok.... hmm any workaround? Google Play Tester does not show a new Version for me....

Cheers

40 minutes ago, make said:

Got a parsing error for this apk, Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2. Alpha 700 Installation was ok.... hmm any workaround? Google Play Tester does not show a new Version for me....

Cheers

Try downloading again? It should still be OK on your Android, as 4.1+ is supported.

Andre

It seems that the Permanent Audio Focus Change ( Left panel → Settings → Headset/Bluetooth → Audio Focus → Permanent Audio Focus Change ) option does not work properly. I don't get Pause or Resume facility.

1. The playback automatically stops and close Poweramp during the phone calls, either this option is enabled or disabled. And never resume.

2. When I open in-built music player and MX Player, Poweramp continue it's playback in background if this option is disabled. But in enabled mode Poweramp stops and exit. And never resume. 

3. When I play games, Poweranp continue it's playback in background, either this option is enabled or disabled.

Samsung S-7582, android 4.2.2, PA build 702

21 hours ago, PChwdhry said:

It seems that the Permanent Audio Focus Change ( Left panel → Settings → Headset/Bluetooth → Audio Focus → Permanent Audio Focus Change ) option does not work properly. I don't get Pause or Resume facility.

Is this a problem with bluetooth playback, or just local device playback on speaker or headset? Locally I find pause and resume around phone calls (for example) works fine, it's once external devices are involved that it gets more complicated.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Is this a problem with bluetooth playback, or just local device playback on speaker or headset? Locally I find pause and resume around phone calls (for example) works fine, it's once external devices are involved that it gets more complicated.

Andre

I face this problem with the device speaker. Still I don't test this with headset or bluetooth headset.

1 hour ago, @home said:

Hi Res not working with WMA files.

How do I disable the Visualizer & just keep my album art on, like in previous versions?

Ta 

simply tap the icon under the word visualization. it switches from Normal to Full screen or Disabled with each tap

@phobos24

if i try adjusting the hifi knobs on the hifi panel (balance left and right), it works. Meaning adjust left channel or right channel. I'll try reinstalling the app. So by default you are able to get it to work? I'm also using the DAC fix app which enables the DAC to work on other apps. 

Archived