Poweramp alpha-build-702

maxmp

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got issue with scrobbling via WAIL beta scrobbler.

First. WAIL recognize PA like com.android.music

Second. Scrobbling is going but it'll scrobble one track till I stop playing.

It's no problems with scrobbling on stable versions

2016-03-24_132602.thumb.png.25f83d1d84aa

Thank you for the new version!

I love that album artist is now recognized! Only issue is that when I pick an album artist, I get the list of album artists but all of the cover art is blank. No problems when I search by genre, composer, etc.

Tested the album art but still having issues.

Using a Note 4 w/ Android 5.0.1

Issue is that I can select from a search or from my gallery, but the newly selected album art does not show.  The "Poweramp" logo disappear so that tells me something is happening, but it just doesn't come up on screen.  This happens in both folder and playlist.  

Now the interesting part, if I put my phone in idle/sleep and then push the power button to bring it up again, Poweramp shows up in my list of currently running aps and I CAN see the artwork there, even new stuff I've assigned.

Just for the record, I have my Display settings set at Sow Album Art checked and have visualization disabled.

- 

There was an old bug where newly downloaded art would not show on the player screen immediately, you had to re-display the track after downloading (e.g. by skipping forward to the next track and then returning to the first one). I've not come across that for a bit, but could that be what you are seeing?

Andre

Good day Andre,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did as you suggested that has worked (mostly) in both modes, Folder/Playlist.  There are still times where the artwork simply won't show unless
I skip forward several songs, switch to a different folder/playlist and then switch back, or just exit out of the app all together.  

Regards,

Tim 

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp alpha2 build-702

This build fixes issues reported today for 701:

- some non-english tags are better handled for mp3

- non-rectangular embed art is handled properly in notification

- fixed album art when playing Playlists and Queue

- dsf files should be played without extra click between them

- resume after bt call is adjusted a bit 

- issue with MusicFX button should be resolved now

- typos fixed

- eq preset assignment for usb/other outputs

I don't see it in the changelog but the distortion I mentioned when using the Hi-Res output with my OnePlus One in 701 is gone in 702, in fact it sounds FREAKIN' AMAZING NOW!!!

14 hours ago, JimJamz said:

Dang. If it really is the ROM's issue, then I hope there'd be something I could change myself to allow hi-res output to work, since I really like staying on Sultan's ROM.
Plus, I've had to clean flash at least 3 times this week and I'm just too exhausted to move to another ROM.

But thanks for confirming that the OPO is able to output 24bit on the hardware side.

Well, since Sultan builds his own CAF kernel you could ask him to add the necessary changes for the feature to work but from what I've gathered he's more focused on the camera performance, he even underclocks to 1.9GHz for more stable performance.

10 hours ago, gg240303 said:

how u get the screen ? i m with lg v10 

I didn't it was a quote, you should askthe OP directly, however in my OnePlus One it is by holding the Power+Volume Down together.

1 hour ago, Feilakas said:

Well, since Sultan builds his own CAF kernel you could ask him to add the necessary changes for the feature to work but from what I've gathered he's more focused on the camera performance, he even underclocks to 1.9GHz for more stable performance.

I just posted the question on his thread. Really hope he considers it, since the OPO obviously supports hi-res output.

What ROM are you using by the way? Thanks.

23 hours ago, kradcliffe said:

Confirmed, album art not showing whilst in playlist mode. Galaxy S7 Edge.

Working fine for me on build 702.

What's also working much better for me is Bluetooth with my car stereo (Alpine receiver). Track info updates at almost every change of track now when on previous builds it was less than half the time.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Alpha works flawlessly on my Galaxy Note 4 with Android Lollipop 5.1.1.

I use a Sony XBA  H3 Headset,and the High Res Audio  sounds superb.

Please  do not remove  the High Res Audio function  in the Final Build.

Samsung UHQA PCM  Wolfson Dac snapdragon Version

GreatWork Thanks

4 hours ago, JimJamz said:

I just posted the question on his thread. Really hope he considers it, since the OPO obviously supports hi-res output.

What ROM are you using by the way? Thanks.

I thought I mentioned it, Resurrection Remix, android 6.0

Thanks for the update, I will test it in the next days.

I just registered to say I LOVE duck volume.

Now I can finally use Poweramp and Google Maps without problems :-)

A few momens ago I was running downstairs, CRYING and smiling, made my way to my car and tested this right away. F I N A L L Y =)

Thank you, it's working very good <3

Just started testing the new alpha on a Lenovo Vibe X3.

It sounds great. Now the X3 has an internal DAC similar to the LG V10. Hi Res audio is enabled, but the info screen under output mentions "Snapdragon 24-bit PCM".

The X3 has a ESS SABRE setup inside, so is Poweramp using the ESS DAC or the Snapdragon one.

and thank you for the updates.

2 hours ago, phobos24 said:

Just started testing the new alpha on a Lenovo Vibe X3.

It sounds great. Now the X3 has an internal DAC similar to the LG V10. Hi Res audio is enabled, but the info screen under output mentions "Snapdragon 24-bit PCM".

The X3 has a ESS SABRE setup inside, so is Poweramp using the ESS DAC or the Snapdragon one.

and thank you for the updates.

what settings did you use for the high res output?for some reason it's all garbled or 'too much power' i suppose?

Hi Max. Huge fan of Poweramp and loving the pre-release builds so far.

One problem I've noticed is with non standard sized Album Art. You mention that you've fixed the warping of non standard sized cover art in the notification. And you have, thank you. However, the cover art is still handled strangely by the home screen widget. It seems to be stretched and clipped. I was wondering if this behavior could be altered so that the widget preserves the aspect ratio of the non standard sized album art?

Thank you again!

35 minutes ago, Diamondragon said:

One problem I've noticed is with non standard sized Album Art. You mention that you've fixed the warping of non standard sized cover art in the notification. And you have, thank you. However, the cover art is still handled strangely by the home screen widget.

And also non-square images are displayed as squashed in the Library Lists (Albums, Artists, folders, etc) and also at the top of the song-list subpages when you click down from those views.

Andre

3 hours ago, kokopaps said:

what settings did you use for the high res output?for some reason it's all garbled or 'too much power' i suppose?

I just turned on "Hi-Res Output"...no settings changed...It is mostly bypassing the ESS dac and using the Snapdragon one.Could anyone with a V10 snapshot their Info screen which shows which Dac is used in ouput.

On 3/23/2016 at 7:20 PM, maxmp said:

MusicFX tested and works, but following changes applied regarding its functionality:

- button moved a bit (now it's next to Mono button)

- it may not work with Hi-Res (for all of my test devices it does work, but this is experimental feature)

- if it fails for OpenSL output, you may try to switch to AudioTrack output (Poweramp settings / Audio / Output). Again, it works for all my test devices, but knowing how it's implemented in Android, I see possible point of failure here

Thanks a lot max! The new build fixed it!

Archived