Album art won't download????

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a recent issue with marshmallow ROMs that should be resolved in build 585 (available to download from the forums) but there isn't a common problem with older ROMs. Does your problem happen with automatic searches only, or also if you try to force a download by long-pressing on the album art area?

Andre

I cannot get the album art to download automatically. I downloaded Poweramp quite recently and at first it automatically searched and downloaded album art fine. But for the last couple of days I cannot get it to automatically download album art. I recently moved Poweramp to my sd card to save space, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Anyway I've now restored it to internal storage but it made no difference. When I do a long press on the screen when a song is playing, it appears to briefly search, and then tells me "No album art", even for very famous songs & artists. It offers me the opportunity to do it manually, but that would be much too laborious if you have many songs. I've checked that "Download Album Art" is ticked in the settings, and I've tried ticking and unticking Wifi, and Hi Res, but nothing makes any difference. I've even tried removing the app data (as this was suggested to another user), and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Poweramp, but nothing has helped. Is there anything I can do to get this facility going again?

2 minutes ago, Osmanas said:

So fixing this

So having a little patience. It's been a whole 24 hours since someone first mentioned this problem, but as yet no one in this thread has responded to my request for more details (see above). For example does it happen with build 585 (available from the downloads area)?

Andre

2 hours ago, Osmanas said:

im have this version already but dont work album covers 

Sorry, which version?

Build 585 is the latest release on Google Play, which you might have been automatically updated to recently (and which it sounds like might be the cause of this problem).

Build  584 was the release prior to that, and I was suggesting that you re-download 584 from the forum official download link to test if that resolves the problem for you. If so, stay with build 584 for now until the problem is identified and a new version is released which fixes it.

Andre

I have the same issue too, 

I've tried build 584, 585

And even the alpha build. 

The issue still persists. 

I've been using Poweramp V3 alpha for almost a month, this wasn't a issue since a week back. 

I'm using OnePlus X running Oxygen OS based on Lollipop 5.1

Google changed something on their servers, so Poweramp builds prior to 585 can't download images anymore from the updated servers.

585 fixed that issue, but, as Google servers are updated gradually over the world, in some regions that servers update can lag for few days (during that transition there can be issues with the covers downloading).

Thanks!

Poweramp v3 Alpha-test #2 is now available for download if anyone wants to test it, which should display embedded album correctly and also allow downloading. Build 586 of the regular release won't be too much longer if you prefer not to risk alpha test releases.

Andre

I downloaded Alpha 2 and wanted to give some feedback here since my issue deals with this.

First off, I'm able to search, so when I long press on the album, I get results and can see album covers to select.  
I read Max's response about the servers and the ability to actually download the covers, so I'll give that some time.
However, I'm still having a problem setting album art.  I thought I'd do a test.  I long pressed the album cover and pick from a couple of album covers
 have saved in my gallery.  When I do this, I still am not seeing the album art change.  The images are ones that I use for other albums on my phone
so I know they aren't to big.

Phone: Samsung, Note 4, running Android 5.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived