Select which prefixes to ignore when sorting

Hi there!

My second feature request, which I think would be very useful for people having multiple languages in their music library.

Currently Poweramp ignores "the" and "a", if I recall correctly, when sorting the library. Well, that doesn't work for other languages so the final sorting can be confusing for people with more than one language in music titles, artists, etc.

Moreover, people like me prefer to take ALL prefixes into account when sorting, I don't mind having all the "The" artists together because I find them faster that way.

To make things worse, this ignoring of prefixes only happens when showing albums and artists, but not for songs, which makes sorting quite confusing and unpleasant to use.

So, Max, could you please make the list of prefixes configurable and allow it to be empty (so no prefixes are ignored when sorting if the user wants it that way).

Of course, if this can already be done in the settings, could somebody point me to the proper place? I can't find it!

Thanks a lot!!

There's also a minor fault in the alpha sorting routines of names which have closely similar variants (e.g. "Davis" and "Davison", which should be sorted in that order).

For example, I have the following three folders, which should sort like this:
Doctor Who - Series 7
Doctor Who - Series 7 - Christmas
Doctor Who - Series 7 - Specials

However Poweramp puts the shortest name at the end, whereas it should come first:
Doctor Who - Series 7 - Christmas
Doctor Who - Series 7 - Specials
Doctor Who - Series 7

I fudged my way around it by adding extra characters to the folder names, but it's annoying to have to do that.

Andre

When I've been testing the alpha I've concentrated in sound quality rather than user experience, so I must confess I didn't pay much attention to the sorting system. Anyway, next time I test the alpha I'll check the user interface more thoroughly.

Thanks for the information, Andre, it's now in my to-do list for next time I test the alpha!

Archived