Notification on song change

thei

I don’t know if I am just being stupid or what… but Poweramp used to show a notification in the top of Android when the song changed, and now it doesn’t. I can’t find the option to turn this on and off anywhere…

Am I going crazy or has this feature been removed?

Not quite sure what you mean, there's mini-player control in the Notifications bar if that's what you mean? That happens automatically, and the contents will change when songs change.

There are some options to control this in Settings > Look and Feel > Status Bar / Notification (perhaps the feature you are trying to describe is the "Show Ticker" option?)

Andre

Yes, but it's gone! My Poweramp no longer shows the ticker. It no longer has that option in the settings.

When a song changed, I no longer have a notification for that song.

In the past, when a song changed, the top part of my Android phone would show me the song that had changed. Now nothing happens.

DM8sM48.png

Odd, I don't know where that has gone. It's still there on my device, running the new alpha build. Could you try rolling back to release 582 and see if that does the same?

Andre

I don't know how to roll back versions? I am just using it from the Play Store.

Just download and install an older version from the first post in http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/3189-poweramp-build-584-updated-10-feb-2016/ .

The previous version apk files are hidden under a "Spoiler: Show" link to avoid people downloading them by accident. Just download one of the most recent versions onto your device and run it from the device's file explorer app.

Andre

Yes, it is there in 582 and gone in 584 (currently the latest on the Play Store).

If it's in the alpha build, hopefully it will come back in the next version? I very much liked that feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Now updated to build 585 (from the Play Store) but this feature is still missing.

As a paid customer, is there any way to get support on why this is so? Unfortunately, while it might sound minor, it's a feature I particularly liked and will probably find another player that does it if this one no longer does.

Just block updates for the time being and stay with build 582 - unless you are running an Android 6 (marshmallow) ROM and specifically need builds 584 or 585 for some reason. As you say, I suppose it's not really a critical issue from a developer's time point of view.

Andre

• 5 months later...

Archived