Can visualizations cycle by time rather than song?

bolski

I'd like to have the visualizations cycle based on a time period that can be set by the user, such as every 15 seconds, it would cycle (randomly) to another visualization. Is this possible in the current v3 alpha release?

Currently, it seems I either can set it to cycle when Poweramp transitions to another song, or if I manually do it. The reason I ask is I do have some trance albums that have the mixes of all the songs in one mp3 (some of my older trance albums have the continuous mix separated into separate tracks, but lately, they've been doing the mixed track as one mp3 and leaving the non-mixed versions as separate tracks).

Just curious if this is possible or if it's a possibility it could be added in the future?

Great work so far on the alpha. It's replaced GoneMad as my main player (I had switched from the previous version of Poweramp to GoneMad because Poweramp no longer would play gapless correctly on my external SD card).

Keep up the great work! Eagerly awaiting the next release.

It's not in there at present, but there'd be nothing to stop that being added at some point.

Andre

Andre, thanks for the response. I want to personally thank you for relaying information to all of us testers and gathering information from us. I know it's not an easy job, and can be thankless, but we do appreciate you being the "middleman" for what is the best music player out there for Android devices.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can now change the visualisations upon Track Change or by time period (the centre of the three buttons at the bottom of the visualisations panel selects the desired mode, and you can adjust the delay period via the Visualisation Settings menu)

Andre

Archived