DLNA UPnP support

clarkerliu

In terms of streaming output, one I personally would like to see would be Sonos as their own app may handle access to multiple speakers well enough, but as a music selection tool it's utter rubbish (it can't even set sort orders, and the EQ control consists of a Bass and a Treble slider!)

Andre

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, I have so many devices in the house that have their own streaming methods - a Sonos speaker in the kitchen, an A/V amp that can play content using wi-fi, Bluetooth or Chomecast, a Kodi box that can stream via bluetooth, a TV that uses (among others) wi-di, Bluetooth headphones and in-car... etc, etc, etc. It'd be lovely if PA could steam seamlessly to any of them, rather than needing to use their own apps.

Andre

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Poweramp DLNA UPnP, please! Poweramp is aging very ungracefully and is on the verge of functional obsolescence. DLNA UPnP functionality would go a long way to put PA back to the top of the list and save us diehard PA fans hours of frustration managing our phones' (limited space) music libraries. Please consider this reasonable request before it's too late.

• 6 months later...

This has been my favorite player for a long time. It is still my go to local player. However I barely use it anymore, because I stream all my media from my own local server. If you don't want this app to die, you need to add this feature.

I signed up just to make this comment, and came here because I forgot I could not use Power Amp to access my media in my default way.

PLEASE DONT GO OBSOLETE

• 2 months later...

I'm here just to +1 for any solution to play from remote sources.

It's a shame that we have such a cool music player, which can't play big lovely collected music library stored on wherever.

Even simple HTTP/HTTPS-scheme URL handling would be nice. We can play internet streams, such as radio, through Poweramp. Or use M3U playlist with URLs to external tracks (for example, Ampache can generate it from your music collection).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2011 at 3:49 AM, clarkerliu said:

Poweramp is powerful music player. If you can add DLNA and UPnP feature, it would be the best player on mobile device.

+1 for me 

it's actually the only important feature missing in Poweramp... 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...