Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

Havent used Poweramp for a very long time, thanks to the developer the sound quality has been improved significantly.

Would be good to have full dlna support including ability to stream music to other devices like amp/tv etc at high quality.

Google play support would be.

A setting to select 'follow source frequncy' of a track, to avoid resampling. Unless if the player is already doing this behind the scene.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, J4G said:

Hi andre,  What about following the track frequnecy to avoid resampling? Do you know what the situation is with this?

I don't know I'm afraid, it's a highly requested feature so I hope it would be on the radar for the release version of v3, but I can't say how soon though.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Once v3 is out I would like to see variable output instead of fixed (i.e. no upsampling). Better still, if we could choose which bitrates to upsample or not to upsample and PA would take care of the rest.

Thanks again for an awesome app!

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

like using Windows 98 OS on a 8 core processor, and 32gb ram computer, which is not even compatible.

I use Windows 10 on my PC, but in terms of look-and-feel and operational intuitiveness, give me Windows 7 all the way. I hate with a passion the newer expanses of rectangular monocolour slabs, lack of tonal variation and shading / texturing and dimensional appearance, lack of clear separation between function zones and buttons/etc. and all the things which made Win7 so visually appealing and usable. Same goes for Android, it was starting to get there with KitKat, but Material Design has made it bland and harder to use.

I can't wait for Google to get over themselves and start innovating rather than trying to make everything flat and uninteresting.

Andre

5 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

One bad thing about forums, is there is always someone putting someone down for an opinion, which is pointless to even do in the first place, because all that person that starts an argument, only cares about what they think and not the other persons opinion and starts a fight.

And in this case, that person would appear to be you. There's no need to get personal, affronted or antagonistic just because someone else has differing views to your own. If you read my comment above, I was purely stating my opinions on the direction that PC user interface design has gone, and was in no way commenting on you or the personal validity of your views.

And I still feel that Windows 8/10 is becoming more and more "dumbed down" for the sake of finger-prodding friendliness on tablets/etc devices, and ignoring power users who are using mouse-based / large screen devices. Same goes for website design trends by the way, I prefer content-rich, desktop-friendly, sites rather than websites that are clearly scaled-up mobile designs. You know the sort of thing, where the homepage and product pages contain little more than a series of virtually fullscreen/slideshow images that you can scroll down though - fine for a phone, but not so great on a 27" monitor (try samsung.com, hp.com, etc)

So yes, feel free to discuss stuff here but not when that degenerates into making personal comments about people who may have differing views.

Andre

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Nevermind, you are just going to blame the other person, no matter what.it Is, is that how a moderator is supposed to moderate? Oops, I mean Admin or both. I give up. Whats the point. You always have something against someones point.

As I said before, I have nothing against you or your opinion. My opinion on interface design just happens to be different to yours, but instead of discussing why you feel differently you seem to feel the need to throw around personal comments. If it were against another user I might have stepped in and moderated the posts, but hey I've been around long enough on the internet and in customer service to get pretty thick-skinned when people start having a go. :)

Anyway, let's keep this on-topic, which in this case was the discussion of user interfaces and particularly as that relates to Material Design, which we've drifted away from a bit.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
It would be great to support the playback of the Spotify music, the great serial integration, Spotify as steaming service is the best and Poweramp is the best music player together would be unbeatable.

• 3 weeks later...

I have but ONE single request:  Replace the "Crossfade" feature with a "Segue" feature - so that songs go from one to the other "radio style".  Make it user customizable, but instead of one song fading out while another fades in, Song A would fade out, and with 4-5 seconds (user adjustable) of fade time left, Song B would begin at FULL VOLUME - instead of fading in - similar to a radio station seque.    The crossfade as it is now (which is the same crossfade that every other player app uses) sounds less than desirable, and I would rather do without and just have dead air between songs.  I mean, this is a media player - and the user should be able to adjust exactly how that media is played.

There's only ONE app that uses the Seque transition concept - that being Neutron - and it works and sounds incredible.  Unfortunately, other than the music transition feature, the rest of the app sucks.

PLEASE Poweramp - I've been a loyal, paying customer for years.  Tweaking up the Crossfade feature so that it is more of a "seque" adjustment, would make me and thousands of other Poweramp users VERY happy,  Can you please at least look into the coding of the Neutron app to see what makes it tick, and if possible, add it to Poweramp?

That is all.  Thanks for playing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

DLNA support!! I have a portable WiFi router in my car with a huge amount of music connected to it. I have to use other players to stream audio to my tablet which connect to my head unit that I am essentially using as a preamp. I would love to be able to add DLNA or SMB shares to my Poweramp library.

How the hell are "skins" in the lead? Apparently people care more about appearance than functionality. Hopefully the Dev does not share their sentiment.

On 6/6/2017 at 10:57 AM, CZ75B said:

I have but ONE single request:  Replace the "Crossfade" feature with a "Segue" feature - so that songs go from one to the other "radio style".  Make it user customizable, but instead of one song fading out while another fades in, Song A would fade out, and with 4-5 seconds (user adjustable) of fade time left, Song B would begin at FULL VOLUME - instead of fading in - similar to a radio station seque.    The crossfade as it is now (which is the same crossfade that every other player app uses) sounds less than desirable, and I would rather do without and just have dead air between songs.  I mean, this is a media player - and the user should be able to adjust exactly how that media is played.

There's only ONE app that uses the Seque transition concept - that being Neutron - and it works and sounds incredible.  Unfortunately, other than the music transition feature, the rest of the app sucks.

PLEASE Poweramp - I've been a loyal, paying customer for years.  Tweaking up the Crossfade feature so that it is more of a "seque" adjustment, would make me and thousands of other Poweramp users VERY happy,  Can you please at least look into the coding of the Neutron app to see what makes it tick, and if possible, add it to Poweramp?

That is all.  Thanks for playing.

This is a good idea, seconding!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 4:41 AM, andrewilley said:

I use Windows 10 on my PC, but in terms of look-and-feel and operational intuitiveness, give me Windows 7 all the way. I hate with a passion the newer expanses of rectangular monocolour slabs, lack of tonal variation and shading / texturing and dimensional appearance, lack of clear separation between function zones and buttons/etc. and all the things which made Win7 so visually appealing and usable. Same goes for Android, it was starting to get there with KitKat, but Material Design has made it bland and harder to use.

I can't wait for Google to get over themselves and start innovating rather than trying to make everything flat and uninteresting.

Andre

Oh God dude!!! Windows 7 is by far the best version. Win8-10 is ugly.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

First, thank you for Poweramp, still the audio player number 1 for me on Android.

I just would like to give my point of view regarding priorities as I notice the focus right now seems to be on material/skin.

To me, Poweramp is still pretty good in term of UI and UX, even if for sure it could improve.

But most of the time, I listen to my music without looking at the screen, I have my playlists, my bluetooth headphones and my phone stays in my pocket.

So what matters to me is control via bluetooth (which is already here) but even more important: access to my music. And this is where I would like to emphasize the need for cloud support.

As my library grows over time, and also because I share my music with my close family, all my songs are stored on a NAS which offers different ways of accessing the data (FTP, SMB, DLNA, Webdav, ...). This is a very convenient way to store and share music. And I believe this is also the future of music - all the millinials are now listening go music only over internet: "in the cloud".

I still like the idea of "owning my music" and thus having it stored on my devices.

But it is true that having it stored in a single location and having all my devices able to access it is really becoming a must have feature for me. It facilitates management, sharing and saves space as i dont need a copy of my music library on all the devices i want to use. I have my own private cloud at home, but it is also possible to use public cloud for storage (Dropbox, google drive, oneDrive,...). I believe the support of webdav and some of the proprietary cloud protocols should be a priority for Poweramp in order to stay relevant in todays ever evolving world.

Thanks again for a great music player!

Archived