Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, andrewilley said:

I believe it is if you have a rooted device, lots of apps out there will give you that functionality,

Andre

That is true. However, Poweramp has no root functionality right now, so I'd assume it won't be added in the near future.

And on a rooted device it is not necessary that the Musicplayer brings this funtionality with it, other apps can just send the respective key codes upon button long press.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, F43nd1r said:

And on a rooted device it is not necessary that the Musicplayer brings this funtionality with it, other apps can just send the respective key codes upon button long press.

Yes, that was my point, it's more of a system modification app function. Same goes for headset button action modifications (I have mine set for track fwd/back controls, instead of the Samsung defined Volume  +/-)

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Please add option that allows user to change status bar appearence so I can change the background to transparent for a better virtualization experience. (Think about that when you use present 158 and you can feel the player's UI is combined with your phone's surface. And there is time and status icon embedded which is really great!  )

Can we actually change the color of texts on the status bar??

Just for preventing misunderstanding, remind that I am not talking about notifications. 

Great effort from our dev to make Poweramp in material design.

Its not an easy job... Material design is a very heavy interface (animations everywhere ?. So thats why its a hard work. Make Poweramp design light to the Android system.

Personaly I dont like material. Ive always prefer the old holo style: lightweight Dark, clean and simple to the Android system.

And now that the creator of material interface is out of Google. I think they will "back to basics"...??

Hi guys.

I bought Poweramp because of gapless playback and hybrid genre labels, but the design and the way of navigating is really unintuitive, and lags behind other appls like Phonograph I think. I also have a bug where on the top bar, it displays the wrong song sometimes, as well as the album art not loading from time to time. I think a fresh update would do real good!

Is there a new ETA on the update? In page 10 it seemed to be within January, but it's February now and there is no news :/

Thanks

5 hours ago, sunoo said:

Is there a new ETA on the update? In page 10 it seemed to be within January, but it's February now and there is no news :/

Last I heard from Max was March for the next (beta) release which will feature a completely rebuilt user interface. Such predicted dates have been known to slip though, dependent on what unexpected things crop up during the work.

Andre

I do not care about the user interface, theme, skin, or whatever it is. Current or Next Material UI no problem for me. My advice, you create brilliant music player. So please improved audio quality, especially in Hi-Res Audio compatibility on all types of Android support. There are still many people who expect and look forward to Hi-Res Output can be enjoyed on their device, like me, until this day still has the issue of Hi-Res Output (Wired headset) on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H Official Android 6.0.1. I hope the next version is already making changes to address the problem of Hi-Res on my Galaxy Note 4, and must be thousands or millions of other users feel the same bugs like me. It is a music player, prioritizing sound quality is not just the look of it. thank you

1 hour ago, Vie Lovins said:

It is a music player, prioritizing sound quality is not just the look of it. thank you

I agree, but that wasn't the consensus I'm afraid (see poll at beginning of thread). Personally I too would have preferred a year's worth of smaller but 'real' features rather than a year's worth of complete overhaul to the look-and-feel - but I guess we're not in the majority.

Andre

Poweramp has always been a music player that plays back sound files in formats that it support, to the best quality. That's what it does best. 

With the inclusion of USB DAC and hi-res support, it is better than ever. 

All those qualities that defines Poweramp shouldn't be forgotten.

I do agree that the ergonomics of the player could be improved. If the menu items placement is still clunky and cannot be reached with 1 hand operating the phone, what can materials design do for the end user other than being visually appealing but yet, functions are still clunky? 

As music player, Poweramp has done a very good job because it is not a batch meta editing application. That editing functionality is placed there as a way for the user to do minor editing in case they missed 1 or 2 files. It definitely isn't placed there to for bulk editing on the go. 

Max has done a very fine job with Poweramp. But instead of doing many jobs at mediocre quality, I would like to see Max to concentrate on sound quality and ergonomics of the user interface. 

Eye candy like material design is nothing if the underlying functionality is clunky. 

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, infiniti44444444 said:

the sound quality of music

So what do you want beyond what's supplied at the moment? Most people seem to say that PA's audio quality (especially with the high-res options in the v3 alpha-test) are second to none, certainly that's Max's main aim in the project.

Andre

I know the Material redesign was voted top and that's what's coming in the next build, but, does that mean all the devices right now that don't work with Hi-Res will continue in that state? Or will the next build also include some updates to support Hi-Res on newer/N-based ROMs and devices?

P.s. - I'm on a Oneplus 3 running OxygenOS 4.0.3. Hi-Res does not work and hasn't worked since the N update (I know about the Viper4Arise mod making it partially work, but that's a really tattered bandaid that's anything but ideal).

1 hour ago, spacebar2011 said:

I know the Material redesign was voted top and that's what's coming in the next build, but, does that mean all the devices right now that don't work with Hi-Res will continue in that state?

For the next release, most likely yes. Max wants to get the user interface out in the wild for testing as soon as he can. However I would expect that the more recent high-res devices feedback from the forums will be addressed before the official release of v3.

Andre

8 hours ago, MatraiBence said:

Can we make custom visualizations? If yes how? 

You can use milkdrop format visualisation files (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilkDrop and http://forums.winamp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133).

Download a .milk file or an appropriately zipped pack (or create one yourself if you are really talented) and put it in the Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets folder. You can force a rescan to pick up new files in Poweramp Settings > Visualization > Rescan Presets.

Andre

On 3/3/2017 at 10:15 PM, andrewilley said:

For the next release, most likely yes. Max wants to get the user interface out in the wild for testing as soon as he can. However I would expect that the more recent high-res devices feedback from the forums will be addressed before the official release of v3.

Andre

Great! Eagerly awaiting the monsoon ?

Archived