Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Android back button functionality is broken on the now playing screen - it kicks you out of the app instead of going to the previous poweramp screen. It's been like this for ever and I'm not sure why.

Material Design would be nice but it's not that big a deal If the material skin works again.

8 hours ago, MMG said:

The new beta version will be published when ? developers too slow. the current interface is very bad and boring. presumably when it released?

Please feel free to write an app yourself if you feel you could do better. As you know, there is only one developer and you'll just have to have a bit of patience like the rest of us.

In the meantime, does Poweramp play your music or not? Personally I prefer a better engine in my car, rather than spending lots of time painting it with go-faster stripes. ;)

Andre

On 1/10/2016 at 5:19 PM, andrewilley said:

Ah, so perhaps people are voting for Material Design because they don't much need any of the other choices either?

I wonder how the poll would fare if the available options included Album Artist + Disc Number tag support, Ratings loaded/saved from files, and some of the other long-requested features?

Andre

1460645268239_1460644845105.jpg

I really love to use Poweramp.

I think Poweramp is too difficult to set many options for first using people.

Than, I think that options have that's short explanation is good to use for user.

Like, at EQ setting, reinforce the 31Hz will be heard bass more bigger, 4K or 8K will be heard vocal more, at Reverb, feature of each settings.

Ah, last, my small hope is that improve the Poweramp's lyrics interface. Sometimes it is unconvenient.

I'm korean so that my sentence is looked like strange, sorry :)

Thanks to read!

I voted for Material design, because it comes close to what I would like to see: For me it's not so much about material design guidelines, but more about the material UX. The behaviour of e.g. Googles apps feels just so natural.

IMO the current alpha is actually worse in terms of UX than the stable.

• I like the idea to create several easily accesible Menus. But accessing by swipe left and right interferes with track changing. I have a device with a not so big screen and I often end up changing the track when I want to open a menu and vice versa. (Swiping up from the controls would be a good way to do something IMO.)
  • Why does the dropdown menu sometimes relocates to the bottom? This feels so counterintuitive.
  • The current UI feels cluttered. I often check for options in the wrong place. I think while it is good to have fast access to most used options, the preference screen should still include them all.
  • Parts of the UI look overcrowded. I'd love to see options to hide certain options (e.g. I setup what I want to see in the left drawer once. Afterwards I don't want to see the fast-access button to change that anymore).

The suggestion which I think is missing here is good plugin support. (But I understand why: this is a really big workload.)

@andrewilley I know you personally dislike Material design. But the only rational argument against it (that I have seen) is that it takes up the precious time of Poweramps only developer. I am an Android developer myself, and I'd love to help whereever possible.

Would be great to have a way to start playback from my android wear device, I know there is a third party app that supports it, but having it built in would be way better.

Even more advanced android wear commands would be even great, but just starting music playback is essential for me

This is an ALPHA test build for the audio engine, not even beta test. There was some discussion that lyrics may not work at the moment (also skins don't work, and scrobbling is intermittent, etc) but they should all be OK by the time the product gets to its release version.

Andre

Not sure if this is the correct place to submit feature requests, but I'm giving it a go. Moderators are free to direct my suggestions to an appropriate place.

I would love these 2 features:

1. Speed control. I know Poweramp is basically a music player, and speed doesn't make sense. But I hope I'm not the only one who uses Poweramp to listen to audio lectures and audiobooks. Speed control would be great in this case.

2. Multiple "profiles" (as an extension of playlists). I know, let me explain. I mean playlists along with the timestamp of last played. Often times, I use Poweramp to listen to audiobooks while travel, but to listen to music while studying. And currently I've to note down the current lecture and its timestamp before switching to music. I'd appreciate if the playlists incorporated this as well.

I understand that perhaps not many people would want these features. But I'd appreciate Poweramp even more if these were ever incorporated. Kudos for great work! :) 

Speed control is already supported in the alpha releases - in the equaliser control screen there is a 'Tempo' knob in the second panel.

I'd like an option to bookmark longer tracks too. I agree it's annoying being part-way through any long audio file (a concert, radio show, an audiobook, a podcast, etc) and not being able to find your way back to that position easily (even if you note the timecode, getting precisely there is not very easy).

Andre

I really like your app, I'm waiting to see the stable V3 come out ;)

Waiting for that moment, I've a suggestion to do, I'm using Poweramp with OTG on Android 6 and work great, the only problem is that if I open Poweramp without plug the OTG pendrive, the app "lose" the data track. Obvisiosly if I plug the pendrive and open the App, start the autoscan and in a minute I've all my music again.

Maybe introducing a "external database" so Poweramp know that this track it's on external pendrive and avoid to lose always the data, or store the track database on the otg pen, so when I plug it, Poweramp read the database and check only for changing. At this moment I've 4 GB of mp3 on the OTG and the scan it's speed, but with much more track can be problematic...

Good work ;)

It would be really cool if Chromecast support would work to send the Milkdrop visualizations to it (with AND without the audio.)

Obviously this is not a simple request, but if Chromecast is already coming (Eventually...), this would be super neat to have!

P.S. while I'm already here, I'd like to thank you for the Milkdrop support, it is amazing!

I don't have Musixmatch support with LG D851 G3 running 6.0. I'm wondering if there's just no support universally or just through my device and where it falls on the priority list? It would appear that it's not very high up since it's not even on the voting ballot. It would have my vote if it were. Much more important (to me)  than skins. 

Not sure if this feature was removed temporarily and will be reintroduced later, but re-adding the option to remove silences at the beginning/end of songs to improve gapless playback would be something I'd like to see in the next builds if possible. It's a feature that was really nice from v2 and would like to see back in the alpha builds. I know that gapless playback is already a part of the audio engine for v3 but most of my music is encoded in mp3 for the sake of space and there are still some audible gaps between tracks that are supposed to be gapless which wasn't an issue in v2. 

6 minutes ago, pgeyser said:

Not sure if this feature was removed temporarily and will be reintroduced later, but re-adding the option to remove silences at the beginning/end of songs to improve gapless playback would be something I'd like to see in the next builds if possible

I don't know where it went either, but you are not the first person to comment on this causing problems with gapless playback.

Andre

On 7.1.2016 at 0:16 PM, andrewilley said:

For what it's worth, my own suggestion for priorities would be:

1) Address the minor bugs already reported for the alpha release (such as Bluetooth resume, hide panels not working, album art not showing correctly with Playlists, etc) and issue a new alpha test.

2) Tackle some of the long-outstanding "low hanging fruit" user requests, many of which date back 4+ years now, ideally releasing them item-by-item for testing and feedback via regular new alpha or beta versions. These include, off the top of my head:

• Tag support (album artist tag, disc number tag, ratings scan from files and save back to files, cover art save to files)
  • Single-file playback and pause before starting next song (as an option in the Repeat menu)
  • Allow some folders to be ignored by Shuffle play to prevent audiobooks, long concerts, radio shows, etc appearing during Shuffled music playback
  • Saving changes back to file-based playlists
  • More precise positional control during long file playback - possibly by adding a new optional mode for swiping on the album-art area to give +/-10 or +/-30 second jumps, or better still an 'MX Player'-like finger-slide for variable scrubbing from the from the current location
  • Real-time lyrics overlay in the album art area
  • Option for brief large-text overlay of album name & artist, and also option to wake the screen briefly when a track change occurs, for in-car use
  • View shuffled play order like other lists (rodrigoyasuda reminded me of that one :) )

I could compile a more detailed list of these given a bit of time.

3) More advanced and time-consuming long term feature additions such as streaming audio formats (Google Music, other cloud sources, LAN/NAS, etc); output formats (Chromecast/Chromecast Audio, DLNA, etc); manufacturer-specific audio features (e.g. LG's high quality DACs, USB output, etc).

99) Material Design

To be honest, I think (2) would be by far the most beneficial in terms of the impact on user-experience, as the understandably heavy workload for the whole v3 project over the past few years has unfortunately led to an impression among the user-base that their concerns and requests were being ignored.

Andre

I personally think similar.

I dont really care about material theme (I like how Poweramp looks already) but rather want some options back that are sadly long gone for example the command bar at the bottom in the player (I dont get why you can set it on bottom for navigation but not for player) I mean when I cant reach the top left button for the drawer on the note for when when trying to swipe it probably happens often enough that I swipe on the surface (aka album cover ->  switching tracks) I experienced this also with other apps.

I mean why was it even removed? especially since 5 inch phones are pretty much the standard it would be a lot more helpful to keep bottom focused options instead of removing theme.

I've been posting and requesting tweaks for the crossfader since 2012. I see in the alpha build that some things have been added, but not, in my opinion, that which is necessary.

Namely, the ability to choose the length of the fade-in/fade-out. Not the actual crossfade length. For example; being able to completely disable the fade-in and thereby allowing the current track to fade-out whilst the incoming track comes in a full volume, without a fade-in.

Whilst working on this new version surely it would be as good a time as any to implement this change?

Poweramp was the first app I paid on Android. Don't know how many, but lots of us use Poweramp as a car player. 3-4 years back I asked for a car skin with larger fonts as it is border dangerous to try and see the song tags etc (alpha ver is even smaller) while driving. I tested 4-5 and even bought one music app just for car use. I end up coming back to Poweramp for its audio quality which is already excellent for me. So without trying to impose that one is more important than the other, some of us still view look and feel important enough. 

On 1/8/2016 at 0:41 PM, maxmp said:

What should be the next build priorities?

I feel adding new features are always welcome but team should fix broken or missing features from standard release on priority basis.

Typically my own suggestion for priorities would be:

1) Glitch in volume during volume adjustments.

2) Time counter, sample rate, bit rate & file type is not properly visible in portrait mode. I have seen this issue on My Galaxy Note Edge phone.

3) Edge screen controls are not present like standard release.

4) Glitch in audio during playing .aac file format. No such behavior with standard release. With one of the .aac file tempo of the music slows down at specific time. Files are not corrupted. Video Player is able to play files well.  

2 hours ago, Kiran Nevaskar said:

2) Time counter, sample rate, bit rate & file type is not properly visible in portrait mode. I have seen this issue on My Galaxy Note Edge phone.

I can see them properly on my Note 4 and Note 4 and note edge as basically the same iirc.

the text could be larger though

Archived