Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the side menu. Just signed up. Really love Poweramp. Going to other music players is just embarrassing. They don't compare. 

I have some ideas I would love to see :)

• Artist grid? Just like the album view only with artists. 

• Bookmarks dropdown on the new sliding side menu? That way you could bookmark albums or artists and access it via dropdown from the side menu. 

• The ability to tag whole albums?

Other than that I can't think of much. Just UI suggestions. The quality couldn't get much better in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, KinG_GainZ said:

Loving the side menu. Just signed up. Really love Poweramp. Going to other music players is just embarrassing. They don't compare. 

I have some ideas I would love to see :)

• Artist grid? Just like the album view only with artists. 

• Bookmarks dropdown on the new sliding side menu? That way you could bookmark albums or artists and access it via dropdown from the side menu. 

• The ability to tag whole albums?

Other than that I can't think of much. Just UI suggestions. The quality couldn't get much better in my opinion. 

I agree with you, I always suffered when I tried fix mislabeled album, doing this file by file is so hard. I don't know if could be possible but would be nice have auto tag functions from databases such Gracenote or Discogs (obviously for several files or whole album)

hello,

i am really happy that i can sort by album artist now. but there are songs in my collection that dont have that tag. id love to see them integrated in the list by artist as fallback. now they are "unknown artist". and i have a problem with album arts. in album artist view there is no album arts.

mfg

16 hours ago, Marc_One said:

am really happy that i can sort by album artist now. but there are songs in my collection that dont have that tag. id love to see them integrated in the list by artist as fallback. now they are "unknown artist".

Agreed, that would be a very good idea. A lot of tracks with a valid Artist tag might not bother adding an Album Artist one too if it's not specifically needed.

Andre

it would be great if the new visualizations can be used in the lock screen with music controls..... also if you can add lyrics in the visual like htc one player... or and visual just for lyrics like mxm it would be great for the fans of karaoke.... i hope u like my crazy ideas

htc-one-tips-tricks-8.jpeg

I think the UI should be the next big thing in the next update. Poweramp isnt the best looking player on the market, at least not without skins, im sure most will agree. Many other players have adopted full material design interfaces out of the box and they look stunning and clean. The audio quality in the latest alpha build is stellar enough and the visualisations are beautiful, although I don't use it

I voted for Google Music support but Subsonic support (a bit like XenoAmp) would be great! Having the ability to cache tracks like in DSub (for Subsonic) or download them like in the Google Play Music app would be the best possible option but getting music streaming working is more a priority for me.

Keep up the amazing work!!

This poll is just perfect example of how "democracy" works - it doesn't matter how many votes are made but who counts them. Easier - even though every idea put together don't match "material redesign" (that has 2/3 of all votes) it won't happen anytime soon if not any time at all. All this hate towards it and users who support this idea is outstanding. And I'm just wondering, why this poll even exists, to give illusion of decision ? Looks like US potus, Trump has votes but Hilary will be President.

An interface revamp is the next item on Max's list, this is what is intended for the first official beta-test phase release. I do not know what form it will take, but I believe it will be of a material nature (for whatever that is or is not worth). Which is actually what the poll responders asked for, and most of the other items are slated for the second beta phase, before an official release.

Andre

Firstly we want to see new design ui :) Especially dark lists should change with more special, effective and a colourfull theme. (like new samsung music lists theme) Please, do not ignore this...

Also I want to see some special audio settings like that in jet audio program.

(I apologize in advance for my English) 

In my opinion, a couple of things would be great for the future of this awesome app:

1.- The option to don't use the resampler, so 192kHz files will set the output at 192kHz and 44.1Khz will set the out to 44.1Khz automatically. 

2.- Don't change the interface. It is simple, intuitive and NOT colorful. One of the best UIs I've ever seen. 

3.- Show the playlist/album duration. Between the number of songs and filter, maybe. 

Also, thank you. The Meizu pro 5 DAC support is one of the best things that ever happened to me. 

No, I do not explain what I do say.. I want to say for example when we change tracks (in lists) I want to see theme according to changing album cover change background in the player list.

As a result, I want to see like these (uploading images) colorful backgrounds... Poweramp uses only black background in lists for years and this situation was boring in time. People like new things and I think this is good idea for Poweramp.

PicsArt_04-29-11.15.00.jpg

PicsArt_04-29-08.50.56.jpg

PicsArt_04-29-08.51.49.jpg

16 hours ago, markos365 said:

2.- Don't change the interface. It is simple, intuitive and NOT colorful. One of the best UIs I've ever seen. 

14 hours ago, Hakan said:

As a result, I want to see like these (uploading images) colorful backgrounds... Poweramp uses only black background in lists for years and this situation was boring in time.

And that's is why interface changes are such a problem. Everything would need to be an option.

Andre

Yes, that's logical. In this way everyone can use with optional settings. Also I can say that easily, the majority of people will use colourful background (to according changing album cover) option for player lists. :)

为什么天天花时间看皮肤?皮肤现在还不够好吗?dlna更重要!

[Translation:  Why take the time to look at the skin every day? Skin is now good enough? dlna more important! ]

Just opted in to n7 beta. The UI is just too comfortable. I was able to find songs I loved that I didn't even know I had. I have over 5000 songs on my SD card and am seriously anal about my music collection. Like I've said in previous posts I always try out other music player but always end up back with  Poweramp. 

Well guess what..

Loved everything about the n7 beta. 10 band eq, low pass Bass knob, and above much else a simple UI that allowed me to browse my music library in bliss. Now it was the final test for N7, a head to head battle in sound quality with Poweramp. Played the same song on separate players. It's not even comparable. Poweramp literally makes n7's playback sound like horse s***. The low pass Bass on Poweramp is unparalleled. The highs are so crisp and clean. Im forever enslaved to Poweramp and it's ridiculously overcomplicated UI. Sometimes I just download other apps to browse my music library and make Playlists ?? 

Any word on alpha 704 or when the beta is rolling out. Andre keeps saying the UI changes will come with the beta. 

Archived