Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99% of the time, my phone is in my pocket or the screen is off, so I don't really care about the UI, as long as it's usable (I'm looking at you, the Google Play Music app).
I like the UI right now and think it is quite intuitive and easy to use.

What I miss the most right now is a Chromecast support (the audio and the video versions), but from what I read, it seems that a basic support is planned, so great.
Except that, I'm mostly interested in new "small", quality-of-life, features (like those listed on the first page).

I need a function which can tell time while listening to songs. I find it very annoying to pull my phone out just to know the time. I really need this feature. It can be implemented like, the time function can be called after the headphone's key is pressed more than 3 times. As of now Poweramp Plays/Pause on 1 click,Next Track on two and Previous for 3 key presses.

Ankur, if you activate Google Now and the possibility of "speaking" to Google Now when the phone is locked, you can actually ask your phone for the time. Depending on your particular phone brand and model it may more or less difficult to activate Google Now Launcher and activating the voice commands through the headphones, so I can't help you there.

Another option already was suggested by Andre: use an app that does that, there must be plenty of them. I wouldn't like that kind of functions to PA, and it doesn't belong there, it's not a natural function for a music player, it's just sheer coincidence that you need to know the time when listening to music. If you were listening to FM radio instead, would you like to have this function added to the FM radio app too? It's better to use another app for that, or Google Now Launcher and voice commands.

I totally agree with you bro, but usually i listen to music while going to my college and mostly i have to run to get in time :P . So, speaking something while running will always result in phone not catching what i wanted to know.And I've greenified google now because it consistently runs in background and sucks more juice. And for other apps, why to download an app for this thing when it can be implemented in PA itself. I mean it's not at all a big feature and you can give the option to enable/disable it. It will not even increase the overall size of the application as it will not have many lines of code. I think people love when apps help them in these scenarios. And it may sound funny for a music player to do it, but need is the mother of invention. I know it's not an invention tho'. :P PA was best, is best and will be Excellent in the upcoming future. I feel every penny well spent after using PA. 

5 hours ago, Ankur Pandey said:

And for other apps, why to download an app for this thing when it can be implemented in PA itself. 

Because Poweramp is a music player, not a clock. Nor is it a calculator, painting app, fitness tracker, news viewer, photo editor, or Angry Birds game.

Really, if you want spoken clock features, download a speaking clock app rather than expecting a music player to do it.

Andre

Ankur, I understand why you want this feature, but really it doesn't make sense to add an speaking clock to a music player, it just doesn't belong to it. I'll give you another example, much more related with music playing but which wouldn't make sense either: I would love if PA detected where I am (my location, I mean) and if I'm on the gym, switch automatically to a playlist named "gym" or even better, only play music with high tempo and rhythm, automatically. Or monitor my heart rate with an activity bracelet so it detects I fell asleep and turns down the volume of the music gradually...

The problem here is bloating. There's a gazillion of features, not difficult to implement, which could be added to PA, and I bet each and every user have a different one. A music player should ONLY play music, manage a library at the very most. Of course, it's a matter of preferences, but I have "UNIX" spirit: do just one small thing, do it well. I'd rather have an small app for each operation rather than a huge one which does everything.

As Andre mentioned, a speaking clock will be useful, and I bet it exists ;)

For running, though, surely there must be an app which reads you the time. I know runners which have apps on their phones (don't know which app) which not only read the time but also the time per lap, time per kilometre/mile, and other stats.

8 hours ago, DervishD said:

Ankur, I understand why you want this feature, but really it doesn't make sense to add an speaking clock to a music player, it just doesn't belong to it. I'll give you another example, much more related with music playing but which wouldn't make sense either: I would love if PA detected where I am (my location, I mean) and if I'm on the gym, switch automatically to a playlist named "gym" or even better, only play music with high tempo and rhythm, automatically. Or monitor my heart rate with an activity bracelet so it detects I fell asleep and turns down the volume of the music gradually...

The problem here is bloating. There's a gazillion of features, not difficult to implement, which could be added to PA, and I bet each and every user have a different one. A music player should ONLY play music, manage a library at the very most. Of course, it's a matter of preferences, but I have "UNIX" spirit: do just one small thing, do it well. I'd rather have an small app for each operation rather than a huge one which does everything.

As Andre mentioned, a speaking clock will be useful, and I bet it exists ;)

For running, though, surely there must be an app which reads you the time. I know runners which have apps on their phones (don't know which app) which not only read the time but also the time per lap, time per kilometre/mile, and other stats.

Thanks for the long descriptive answer. I'm a developer too and i understand what bloating can do to the software. Anyway i'll use any 3rd party app for that task. Have a great day!

Hello everyone

I've been using Poweramp for more than 3 years now, and one of the thing I loved is that it received regular updates on my old Gingerbread music device (which is not properly a phone), although most of those were not substantial.

I found out the existence of this new alpha version today and I was pretty excited about the new audio improvements, but sadly for me the gingerbread support has been discontinued.

Does some of you know if this is a definite choice of the developer or is there still some hope for future support? I actually wouldn't even need all the new features on a device that has no power to run them, especially those about visualization, but I would really fancy a new audio engine and all the related enhancements...

Hello,

Being a long-time user of Poweramp, I'm happy to see that a major version is coming, the visualisation Feature is fantastic and the alpha build exceeds expectations in terms of stability (I had only one crash for switching milkdrop presets too quickly).

In the short term, I have only few suggestions:

-Possibility to fine-tune frame rate of the visualization, plus a vsync option

-an option to turn on/off the pitch control when using the Tempo feature. At the moment it doesn't sound good outside vocal only files, and many users will be also happy to have  a higher pitch when increasing the tempo/playing speed.

-and an option to display the playcount in the meta section.

Thanks!

i'm using powermp v3 for a while.. falling in love with it.. if this is the alpha version... doesn't seem like it. I think i'm going to use for a long long time... It's was the best in the store.. just solidifies that status. Congrats Many Congrats.

Requests:

12 band equalizer? maybe a little hard. ;)

thanks

The alpha works flawlessly on my OnePlus One with COS 12.1.1 stock, however there's one issue. The missing album art is not downloading anymore. Also one request, could you please add the decibel levels to the built in graphic equalizer. That'd make customization even more accurate according to audiophiles' needs.

4 hours ago, Industrial said:

Full revamp of the UI is top priority. Seriously, it's a freaking mess, can you please create only one menu ? 

It used to be one menu prior to the v3 alpha releases.

If Max is able to implement a more modern, simpler, tabbed view for the Folders/Albums/Artists/etc library pages then I guess most of that left-edge menu would become pretty-much redundant anyway, and Settings could be moved back into the single menu (where I firmly believe it belongs anyway, contrary to Google's stupid trendy concepts of 'overflow lists' et al, which I've always disliked). See, I said, me old school :)

Andre

Archived