Next builds priorities

maxmp

Next builds priorities   

672 members have voted

1. 1. Next build should include:

• Google Music Support
    • Material Skin
    • DLNA Support
    • Cloud Storages Support (Dropbox, etc.)

This poll is closed to new votes

How I use PA:

I just copy via SMB the music I want from iTunes media folder to my phone /Download/Music folder, then I do a re-scan manually (I disabled automatic) go into last added and play the new songs.

For songs already in library sometimes I shuffle all songs, or albums (sort by artist).

I don't use ratings and rarely playlists.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equaliser preset auto-change option for USB Audio.

Since I currently use a USB cable to my car stereo to play music, there is currently no option to automatically swap EQ presets on USB Audio but there is for bluetooth, handset speakers and 3.5mm audio.

I will come back later....

We'll see you later then.

As I told you in another thread, I have passed your comments on to the dev, but you do need to be aware that it will be with all the other items in the Feature Requests forum. In the meantime you'll just have to cope with music playing under the notifications, or music being paused during notifications, depending on which of those current options you have selected.

Andre

DLNA streaming would be awesome!

It's difficult to keep a large music collection in a sdcard. I share mine with kodi and use a kodi/dlna client to listen to it. Having everything in Poweramp is my dream...

By the way, I've tried several other music players but always go back to Poweramp. I wonder why;)

Hello,

yes, I would like to finish with all those small/medium sized requests, like album artist tag, etc. Unfortunately, they distract from "the plan", which delays things further. On the other hand, they would be really useful for many users right now.

Just a small update on v3 status - there was a cool idea to support 24bit/192khz hi res output (can be found on top line Samsungs, LG, Sonys, some HTCs and some other Android 5.0 and 6.0 devices).

I looked and they in fact supports hi-res output - by connecting sound card capable of capturing 24bit/192khz to phone output and playing 0-96khz "sweep".

So I went and implemented hi-res output for Poweramp alpha/beta v3. And this works great for both hi-res audio and standard 44/48 khz, as DACs on these devices shift various noises to ultrasound frequencies, but of course you need a trained hearing and very good headphones to hear the difference.

The supported devices will be:

- top line Samsungs (S4, S5, S6, Note 4, 5 and variants).

- Sony Z3, Z5 (and variants)

- LG G3, G4, V10 (and variants)

Actually, current hardware are more than capable of hi-res playback, e.g. most mid-to-high Snapdragons come with 24/192 support, but that is disabled in ROMs (e.g. in Nexuses).

But unfortunately all this shifted Material skin by 2 weeks at least. Poweramp v3 "default" theme is based on Material, but it lacks few material design patterns, I plan to add a few.

As an option, I can release alpha-2 with that 24 bit output and that long awaited album artist tag support ;)

As an option, I can release alpha-2 with that 24 bit output and that long awaited album artist tag support ;)

Thanks Max, I know you'd make a ton of friends if you added the Album Artist tag support soon (does that include the Disc# tag too by the way, those two items were kinda linked in many requests).

Normally after an alpha (or beta) release, the first response would be to look into reports of specific bugs or problems caused by that build - I assume that's the main reason for releasing such test versions. I emailed you a bullet-pointed summary of user comments about 3 weeks ago, just wondering if you could let everyone know which ones have been identified and fixed for the next build? Thanks.

Andre

New Poweramp design R.I.P. , welcome material skin on top of current design. *Sigh*

Flat design tweaks to icons and block colour schemes are pretty much immaterial to me (see what I did there? :) ) as I feel they can be controlled via skins anyway. The 'material design' aspect which does make more of a difference is the central concept of the UI control logic and overall access/layout of the different screens.

I personally really liked the concept you came up with in your thread http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8560-proposed-material-design-style-interface-discussion/?p=31716 and I do hope that Max will take some of that on board, most importantly the quick switching back and forth between the Player screen and a tabbed Library system. It just seemed elegantly simple and very user-intuitive, an updated look without losing the soul of the current app. I have suggested via email that he take a look at that thread by the way, but of course at the end of the day what he decides to do is entirely up to him.

Andre

Won't happen. Already contacted with person who was interested in this project. At least it won't be wasted.

Edit (not to spam thread):

No, I haven't contacted Max personally, but lack of any response about this project is obvious for me + mention about need of only reskin rather than redesign tells itself.

Project is in amazing hands and I'm really amazed of alpha builds of his music app that makes me think it will be serious threat for all music players out there (it already have most fluid album page animations I have seen in any music app and it's just alpha build)

Archived