Hi,

Once again I have lost all music out of my playlists.

I had a system update yesterday on my HTC One M8.  

This morning I go into Poweramp and am told I need to rescan folders.  I do that and it turns out none of my folders with music in them on the SD card are selected any more.  

Also, playlists all contain ZERO music.  These are 6 playlists with about 400 songs in each that have taken quite literally weeks to create one by one while listening.

Why can we not get these playlists from somewhere??  Why does this keep happening randomly?  

Thank you.

Playlists can be exported as a backup whenever you like (obviously needs to be before rather than after you lose the data).

You say that your music folders on your SD Card are no longer ticked in the Music Folders list? Rescanning in that state could indeed cause contents of playlists to vanish. Did the system update change the path naming structure on your SD Card in some way?

Andre

Playlists can be exported as a backup whenever you like (obviously needs to be before rather than after you lose the data).

You say that your music folders on your SD Card are no longer ticked in the Music Folders list? Rescanning in that state could indeed cause contents of playlists to vanish. Did the system update change the path naming structure on your SD Card in some way?

Andre

Thanks Andre.  

No, the only thing that changed was all the folders were unticked.  No idea why.  Once I ticked them off and had to rescan all playlists said 0 songs.  

I spent  a whole day the other day trying to figure out how to get playlists to work with my android samsung S4.  What I finally found that worked is this:

I had playlists created in winamp originally as m3u

I imported them into Windows Media Player

I then used Media Player to move the playlist to the device which transferred the files

After the files moved, I used windows file manager to move the m3u files to the playlists folder on the S3 SD card

Restart the phone

Open the App

Go to playlists

Delete out any wla playlists

m3u playlists may not show number of songs.   If so, click on each playlist.

When you come back in, it should show the correct number of songs.

If not, restart the phone.

Kind of a pain, but finally fixed this for me.

The same situation. My possible reason - I changed SD card (32 -> 64 GB). I get empty playlists of SD mp3 files every day once or even twice now. I create playlists only in Poweramp, don't import (once tried and got a problem). Moreover I sometimes don't see mp3 folders in 'Folders' tab (but can see them in 'Settings' etc.).

When you say you see empty playlists, do they later populate when you click on them, or do you need to re-import them from a backup copy?

Does a rescan fix the problem? All I can think of it that for some reason the SD Card is not always mounted in time when Poweramp's background task first looks for it after a reboot.

Andre

Archived