Album art not displaying correctly when playing from Playlists

bonez565

I've found a bug in album artwork. If you play a song from a playlist the album artwork for that song is not displayed, if you play the song normally (from a search or artist/album listing) then the album artwork is displayed fine.

I've found a bug in album artwork. If you play a song from a playlist the album artwork for that song is not displayed, if you play the song normally (from a search or artist/album listing) then the album artwork is displayed fine.

I also have this bug!

Really loving the speed and look so far! 

One issue I've come across - when playing tracks from playlists the album art is completely wrong - it's from completely different artists and albums. All my album art is included in the mp3 tags or in the album folder (on external SD card). Tried creating new playlists, doing a full rescan, deleting album art cache etc, but no joy. 

Unrooted Galaxy S5. 

Sure... From the main pull-down menu on the top left:

Settings => Visualization

>Enable Open GL ES 3 [ON]  (I have no idea what this does, its the default setting)

>Force 30 FPS [ON]

>Leave everything else Un-checked [OFF]

Settings => Album Art

>Download Album Art [ON]

>Download only on WiFi [ON]

Display:

>Show Album Art [ON]

>Album Art Animation [ON]  <<<<THIS IS THE CRITICAL ONE I THINK.  WITHOUT THIS CHECKED, YOU JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN>>>>

>Prefer In-Folder Images [ON]

Now grab the far right of the screen and swipe LEFT.

>You should see the Visualization options.  Tap the selection and stop at "Disabled".... the sequence goes (Normal-Full Screen-Disabled)

You may have to reboot the player, and if it matters I have each artwork file stored as a .jpg in each album folder adjacent to the music files themselves.

Good Luck!!

Sure... From the main pull-down menu on the top left:

Settings => Visualization

>Enable Open GL ES 3 [ON]  (I have no idea what this does, its the default setting)

>Force 30 FPS [ON]

Settings => Album Art

>Download Album Art [ON]

>Download only on WiFi [ON]

Display:

>Show Album Art [ON]

>Album Art Animation [ON]  <<<<THIS IS THE CRITICAL ONE I THINK.  WITHOUT THIS CHECKED, YOU JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN>>>>

>Prefer In-Folder Images [ON]

Now grab the far right of the screen and swipe LEFT.

>You should see the Visualization options.  Tap the selection and stop at "Disabled".... the sequence goes (Normal-Full Screen-Disabled)

You may have to reboot the player, and if it matters I have each artwork file stored as a .jpg in each album folder adjacent to the music files themselves.

Good Luck!!

Hmmm. I've replicated those settings exactly, and no luck. I've even restarted my phone and created a new playlist, but still it displays the wrong album art. I have artwork embedded in most of my mp3s, but I generally also have a jpg file for the folder image.

Funnily enough, if I try it with Album Art Animation [OFF] , unlike you I don't get a back screen - I still just get the wrong artwork.

Something else I've noticed - sometimes if you're playing a track from one playlist, and you select a track in another playlist, the task bar notificaiton of track and album name pops up as usual but still displays the old track from the old playlist. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all these settings, no luck. LG G3 (VS985). Seems to only work, somewhat, when not playing from a playlist. All I see is the logo with a black background. The visualizations work, however, but they are out of sync as my bluetooth has a 7 second delay and the settings only allow up to 5.

• 2 months later...

I can report a similar bug. I usually have my entire library on shuffle and here either the wrong album or no album is sometimes displayed. This is fixed only by changing song or locking and unlocking the phone.

Currently the queue also seems to only show one album art, regardless of song playing.

This was all noticed in build 700, just downloaded 702 and will test to see if the problem is still there.

Cover art is now displaying fine for me in Playlists (build 702). Also auto-download seems to be working much better than it used to for some reason, both in terms of speed and also accuracy of image matching (especially on tracks with just title/artist but no album name, of which I have quite a lot).

Art in queue is working OK too. I have noticed a couple of tracks which seem to 'stick' on the generic Poweramp placeholder graphic, even when they have embedded album art, if I skip forward and backward quickly. Long-pressing and choosing the file-embedded image shown at the start of the list fixes them each time though, so it might have just been something I'd accidentally set as 'no art' previously.

Andre

Some confusion may lie in the fact that you must have the trial version installed.

I could not see the icons shown above. 

The typically downloaded version does not match the icons displayed above.

Install the trial version and become a tester, then use the above suggested settings.

My Motorola Droid Turbo2 now displays the album art to my 2016 Toyota 4Runner.

7 hours ago, acruet said:

Some confusion may lie in the fact that you must have the trial version installed.

No confusion really, this thread is in the Poweramp v3 Testing forum so the expectation is that people posting here are running the alpha test builds and discussing their experiences with it.

Andre

Archived