Poweramp alpha-build-700

maxmp

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can hope.

Personally (see sig!) I wish Google and Microsoft would stop their stupid race to out-flatten their increasingly monotonous interfaces. Lots of plain monochrome depthless options on bright-coloured rectangular backgrounds? Didn't we leave that kind of uninspired design ethic behind with DOS and Windows 3.11? And don't even get me started on the removal of proper physical Menu buttons from many devices and the implementation of horrible floating on-screen buttons instead.

And then they want other, more imaginative, developers to follow along with their blandness like sheep. :(

Andre

Well hello there....i totally 150% agree with your statement...material design is what limit your imagination or your creation .....its bad ..its ugly for my eye tho...those material design...I hope all developer in android or windows app had the same vision as yourself tho. I hope Poweramp has its own unique design ...this world doesnt dictated by the powerful only ..but also the creativity too.

Lyrics are supported, but not 'live synced' to the lines of the song though.

Andre

Thanks for your reply. I know about that, but most music players now support the live synced lyrics. This is what I and alot of people I know, would like to see in Poweramp.

Also a little bug that has been present in Poweramp for me and my girlfriend since previous versions. When disconnecting my earphones, music doesn't stop immediately. After a little delay you hear sound playing from the speaker for about 1 second. I have turned the option to stop playing when disconnecting headset on. 

Love this. The current stable release (v2) for some reason cannot play gapless from an external SD card. There's always a one second hitch/pause in between the tracks no matter what I try to do (wipe the phone, modify settings) and the SD card is brand new and another music player plays the gapless just fine.

With this v3 alpha release, much better. There's still a very quick "hitch" in between the track transition for my gapless music, but at least it's not like the 1 second pause I get with v2. Hopefully, this can be further optimized to make it completely seamless like it was before.

Keep up the great work!

UPDATE: The "hitch" seems to have disappeared. All my gapless playback works great. Love the new Poweramp Alpha. Can't wait for when this becomes an official release.

Also, the visualizations are awesome, but I didn't see an option to have it randomly switch while in a song (such as setting a timer to switch to the next visualization in say, 30 seconds). It would be nice to have an option to set the timer value. Currently, it seems I can only set it to switch visualizations when it switches a song, or stays the same no matter what. Having an option to set a timer would be nice. But still, an excellent new feature that I like.

Also, it would be nice to be able to state which visualizations to use (I don't care much for the audio spectrum ones), so maybe being able to say which types to show would be nice as well.

Also, I can't seem to get Album Art to show up during a song when it's playing. Has this been disabled for the alpha?

Thanks again for this great update. Love the new Poweramp and even though this is alpha, Poweramp is once again my main music player now that gapless playback from an external SD card works again.

Can't wait for the next alpha or beta release!

I used and tested the alpa for a day....Here goes the bugs/experience...

Device.... Bacon(OnePlus One)

Running cm13 official nightly.

1. Crossfade doesn't seem to work when the song switches automatically.

2. Album art r messes up... Shows wrong sometimes and sometimes no album art. In the notification as well as then the song is paused.

3.I feel that audio quality is some what better.

4.Love the slide out drawer. Makes navigation easier.

And a question will there be a an alpha 2.

Also is material design on the cards.... Don't change the UI just the look and elements would be great.

Thanks for the alhpa..... Keep up the good and hard work.

Thanks for your reply. I know about that, but most music players now support the live synced lyrics. This is what I and alot of people I know, would like to see in Poweramp.

Also a little bug that has been present in Poweramp for me and my girlfriend since previous versions. When disconnecting my earphones, music doesn't stop immediately. After a little delay you hear sound playing from the speaker for about 1 second. I have turned the option to stop playing when disconnecting headset on. 

What version of OS are you running?  I noticed this behavior starting on Android 5.0.4, so I wonder if it's a Poweramp issue, or an OS issue.  If the OS is delaying signalling the unplug (or bluetooth disconnect) to the app, then this would be an OS issue.

I get the same effect if I force-disconnect bluetooth, such as when I turn my car off.  It's annoying, but not a show-stopper.

So after using the Alpha build for 24 hours, I haven't had any issues or force close messages, but I did notice two thing's: Can't grant SD card access in order to edit tags or delete a song and while in a playlist, none of my album art sticks, just uses whatever art it wants to, but if I play a whole album from a selected artist then it works just fine, but other than those to bugs, I love the progress you guys have made, and the new sound engine is very nice. Keep up the great work guys!

The problem of album art not working when playing from Playlists has been reported by multiple people so should be a known issue by now. Please see http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8508-album-art-not-displaying-correctly-when-playing-from-playlists/ and comment there if you want to provide further information. Thanks.

Andre

Noob alert... will it still support .m4a files?

M4A support in the existing public release is a bit patchy at best (tag support and scrubbing could both be a bit iffy) but the new v3 release should be much better - feel free to give the alpha test version a try and see if it works for you, that's what it's for.

Which reminds me: Max, when you're next adjusting the code in the file scanner, could you add strings for the file extenders ".MP2" and ".MPA" (both of which refer to saved MPEG-2 audio files created by DVB-T audio transmission streams, as used for UK and other European digital broadcasting). The files themselves play fine, so no need to do anything at all to the playback code, but I currently have to remember to rename them to ".MP3" for Poweramp to detect them, and it'd be a lot easier if the scanner just noticed them with their original MPA or MP2 extenders. Thanks!

Andre

Archived