Poweramp alpha-build-700

maxmp

How many have asked for ducking audio@notification?.... I counted 27 on a single thread, and there are at least 7 (probably more) threads asking for this feature that could be added with a few lines of code...

And even ducking audio is a pretty low importance item compared to things like Album Artist and Disc Number support, using ratings from tags, saving cover art to files, remembering playback positions in long files, etc.

Max has very firm ideas of what he wants Poweramp to be, and which features he wants to work on, and given that he is the sole developer we pretty much have to accept his roadmap. I guess if it was down to me, the year-and-a-half that he mentioned that Visualisations took might have been better spent tackling many of the smaller feature requests from actual users ("low hanging fruit" items, as I've referred to them) but that's not my call I'm afraid.

Hopefully there will be a new alpha release within the next week anyway, which will give everyone something new to talk about. I gather the major work has been to add support for 24-bit output on certain Android devices, plus fixes for some of the more significant bugs reported in alpha 700, but otherwise I've not been told that any specific long-standing feature requests have been addressed. We'll get to see soon anyway. After that the plan is to start tackling GUI changes I believe.

Andre

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And even ducking audio is a pretty low importance item compared to things like Album Artist and Disc Number support, using ratings from tags, saving cover art to files, remembering playback positions in long files, etc.

Max has very firm ideas of what he wants Poweramp to be, and which features he wants to work on, and given that he is the sole developer we pretty much have to accept his roadmap. I guess if it was down to me, the year-and-a-half that he mentioned that Visualisations took might have been better spent tackling many of the smaller feature requests from actual users ("low hanging fruit" items, as I've referred to them) but that's not my call I'm afraid.

Hopefully there will be a new alpha release within the next week anyway, which will give everyone something new to talk about. I gather the major work has been to add support for 24-bit output on certain Android devices, plus fixes for some of the more significant bugs reported in alpha 700, but otherwise I've not been told that any specific long-standing feature requests have been addressed. We'll get to see soon anyway. After that the plan is to start tackling GUI changes I believe.

Andre

It will be published next week release alpha or beta ?

It will be published next week release alpha or beta ?

Updated alpha build. Please don't hold me to any dates though, I'm just passing the message on! :)

First v3 beta won't be issued until GUI changes are added, so definitely some time away yet.

Andre

As you may have noticed, Max has updated our forums to the latest version from IPS.

I've also taken the opportunity to set up the 'Downloads' tab (in the menu bar near the top of the page) as a better way to manage files so they are easier to find without having to hunt for Sticky posts, etc. Please let me know if there are any issues. Note: I've set the Alpha-test releases to require forum registration here (free), but all other files are available for general guest download.

Andre

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As you may have noticed, Max has updated our forums to the latest version from IPS.

I've also taken the opportunity to set up the 'Downloads' tab (in the menu bar near the top of the page) as a better way to manage files so they are easier to find without having to hunt for Sticky posts, etc. Please let me know if there are any issues. Note: I've set the Alpha-test releases to require forum registration here (free), but all other files are available for general guest download.

Hey man.. You said updated as in an update is available or you just answered that the next update will be alpha? 

4 hours ago, Roi007leaf said:

Hey man.. You said updated as in an update is available or you just answered that the next update will be alpha? 

I said the forum website software had been updated to the latest version from IPS, not that there was a new Poweramp out yet. There was a problem with new user registrations getting blocked, which I had managed to find a temporary work-around for, but the underlying issue needed the account holder (Max) to resolve. While he was doing that, he obviously thought it would be a good idea to accept the nagging "an updated version is available" prompt in the forum admin control panel. :)

As far as Poweramp updates go, I believe Max is very close to releasing a new v3 alpha (in next few days I HOPE, but please don't hold me to that!). The only new builds of the existing v2 version will be urgent bug fixes (for example hopefully to resolve the recent cover art issues that have appeared) and I seriously doubt that any new features will be added to that fork.

I understand the rough roadmap is that the upcoming alpha release will have some new features added (for example 24-bit output on certain newer Android devices) and fixes for a few of the bugs that were found in the first alpha. After that, the first v3 beta release (and no, I do not have any idea when that will be!) will also include an updated interface, and then there will be one further major beta with things like DLNA, Chromecast, remote play, etc. before an official release is considered. But remember Max is only one person, so this won't all happen overnight.

Andre

Now updated to build 702 to fix a few issues reported with 701.

If you want to be automatically notified as soon as any new builds are uploaded, you can either use the RSS Feed which cover the whole Downloads area, or subscribe to one of the individual category areas, such as the Poweramp v3 Alpha Test Builds category to get an email each time a new alpha build is released.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

i came here a while backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk to talk about how the old version of Poweramp had better transition on gapless/seamless music then this version . since im a dj this was one of the reasons why i liked power amp! i mean the gapless wasnt perfect at all but now for some reason it just seems worse . i got and update and i cant seem to go back to the old version . Is there anyway i can go back to the old version of Poweramp.. the music file is wmav2 which works pretty good on the old version 

Been hoping for a Poweramp visualizer, and very stoked to find this alpha.

The new visualizer is very very nice. Lots of styles, most quite accurate, and the latency adjust is simply brilliant.

Would it be cool to have the option to change colors on the spectrums!

Cheers

5 hours ago, Marv323 said:

Is there anyway i can go back to the old version of Poweramp.. the music file is wmav2 which works pretty good on the old version 

Yes, just fully uninstall the alpha test version and re-install the release build from the Play Store (or get it from the Downloads tab above). If you want to get your old settings, etc, back then also copy the backup files you made before installing the alpha release back into place (as per the warnings quoted with every alpha-test build release and in the http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/files/category/2-alpha-test-builds-of-poweramp-v3/ header).

Andre

How do you dsiable the visualizer , its blocking the album cover :o

I tried in settings, possible error? Also sorry for the username, it amazingly auto filled it, guess I have a dirty mouth ._.

Edit:thanks admins for fixing my user name

And I figured it out too

Screenshot_20160405-093714.png

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, allin1pi said:

Hi I'm using it on the Samsung s7 and so far the only issue I have find so far is that the program doesn't load and start on weird headphone connect. Otherwise it's great and love the effects.

Have you selected the option in Settings > Misc > Tweaks to keep the Service loaded when the player is idle? Not sure if that's the cause, but you could try it.

Andre

I suggest make it possible to have the visualizer at the background(thru transparency) even when navigating folders, playlists, settings and the library. Also, how can I add my own custom visualizers?:D If not, is it illegal to reverse engineer your app so I can add just add my own codes(I hope not because it's still on Alpha:huh:)? 

Regards,
A fan

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

First of all, LOVE the new update. It looks flash and modern and feels really smooth and easy to use. While I wish this post was all about praise, I do have 2 major issues (although the first could be an issue with my phone rather than the app itself).

1. The app in the Visualiser that my music is mainly only coming from the left side? I don't know if this is normal, but I thought it was meant to be a bit more centred and distributed equally between both sides unless there's a section in a song which specifically uses one side more than the other. I'd post a screenshot but it seems that F_____ has already done so. Mine is basically the same, and I've noticed that taking one ear of my earphones out, there's definitely a noticeable difference in volume. Is this an issue caused by Poweramp, perhaps to the phone entirely or maybe just inside the app, or is it an issue with the phone? I didn't notice this prior to the update but I wasn't really looking for it. Note: My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
  2. Probably the more important issue; playing music through Poweramp now causes all other media to not play or have other strange issues. For instance, after stopping my first look test of Poweramp, I went to open a podcast app (Hamish & Andy app to be exact), and upon pressing Play, it shows that it was playing, however the timer doesn't move at all and no audio is played. I then restarted my phone which fixed the issue (I attempted removing the earphones, closing the app process entirely, and reopening Poweramp while the app was open or closing the app and only having one or the other open). Poweramp continued to play music fine, however all other media sources did not. After the restart, I tried opening my radio app which worked perfectly as usual. I then opened Poweramp which also worked, and after pausing or stopping music, I tried opening the same radio app and it caused the audio to play, but with screeching and deafening piercing pulsating sounds. After a restart of the phone once again, it was fixed.

Tl;dr: The app is causing other apps and audio through the phone to either play up, refuse to play, or spaz out. Any chance this could be fixed soon? I would hate to have to go back to the normal Live version but I'm going on holiday soon and I'll be damned if I don't have some music to listen to heh.

Archived