Poweramp alpha-build-700

maxmp

Download Poweramp alpha-build-700 (or use the new 'Downloads' tab at the top of the page)

This is alpha version of upcoming major Poweramp release. Please make backup of your existing Poweramp app/settings/db before installation as you won't be able to rollback to Poweramp v2 without alpha uninstallation, causing settings to be lost.

You can install it over your existing v2 installation (your purchase and settings will be carried over).

At this time, only ARM processors are supported. We'll add Intel support for later beta builds.

Min. supported Android: 4.1.

Skins are disabled in alpha as UI is partially changed and there is no point in (re-)building skins now.

This Alpha is focused on Audio Engine and Visualizations.

This is why Visualizations are enabled by default. It can be disabled via right drawer menu, and we'll add option to disable it completely later.

Changelog:

- new audio engine

- Poweramp now uses 32-bit float sample representation

- Poweramp core DSP now uses 64-bit float internal math, helps a lot for accurate high amplification of basses

- Reverb with presets, improved StereoX effects

- Tempo control

- mp3, aac, ogg vorbis, opus and other lossy formats now decoded directly to 32-bit float representaion (no intermediate conversions)

- opus, tak, mka, dsf, dff formats support

- Poweramp now always properly fades in/out and ramps volume changes to avoid clicks and pops during any transitions (resume/pause/seek/etc.)     

- Poweramp now applies gapless smoothing between gapless tracks

- Poweramp now always uses own resampler

- optional SoX very high quality resampler

- output Dithering options

- OpenSL optimized output

- support for 3rd party plugins (DSP/Decoder/Output)

- visualizations

- full support for milkdrop presets

- v1 and v2 (with shaders) presets supported. Support for v2 presets is best on OpenGL ES 3.0 enabled devices

- milkdrop presets can be loaded from sdcard and downloaded as APKs from Play 

- support for 3rd party preset APKs

- spectrum visualizations

- main player right drawer for fast Equ/DSP/Visualizations access

- many other changes, more changes are planned

Planned features for next betas:

- improved Album Art area navigation

- new spectrum-like seekbar

- improved tablet UI

- improved lists

- various plugin APIs published with sample apps

- improved info/tag editing

- some cloud support

- DNLA

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Max, and Happy New Year!

I've set up this separate sub-forum for discussions of anything related to v3 builds, so comments and reports are easier to track. Please ONLY post your v3 testing experiences here, not new feature requests or bug reports for the released version of the app. Thanks.

And remember this is still an incomplete ALPHA test, so to avoid tears before bedtime please BACKUP your current system before testing!

To backup your existing v2 Poweramp settings and database you will need use a file explorer app to make a copy of the contents of the root folder: /data/data/com.maxmpz.audioplayer/

Then to roll back, first uninstall the v3 test release, then reinstall the older v2 release (from the Play Store or from the apk available on this site) and then restore the contents of that backed-up folder.

This can also be done automatically via an app such as Titanium Backup, which can save the whole app+data in one go thus allowing you to reinstall the old version with a single tap.

Andre

this is a nice update, didn't expect visualisations, pleasantly surprised,

on N6 it runs very nice and smooth, will give it a spin for few days and test

two questions:

- new permission (accounts on device), what is it for?

- could we please add "rating" tag support as part of "improved info/tag editing"? as person who rates all tracks I listen it's rather important to finally get it done (and was promised to be done at one point ages ago)

Issues noticed 

(also in stable) when switching user (user profile, on a device itself), music stops playing (that's OK) but if you plug headphones music starts playing again despite being on a different account. I think it, if possible, app should recognise current (phone user) profile is different than the one app is running. Possibly worth checking if app properly supports Multi-User functionality

- (not sure if stable as well) when editing Genre tag, text is not visible (white background, white text), btw. the popup also looks like from Android 2.x so maybe worth making it look bit less out of place

It's been less than 24 hours since Max posted this ALPHA initial testing release, and already we've had people posting feature requests here and asking for an ETA on the final release.

Please could we try to limit this specific forum to discussing the test release only, how it works and any problems with it, and the announced/existing features only.

Any new feature requests can still go into the main Feature Requests forum of course. And as for ETA requests, I think that's probably still a tiny bit premature... :)

Andre

This version should be transferred as soon as possible to Play Google thank you.

Senior music player from china.

Uh, it's alpha, been out for a day or two.  It should not be transferred to Google Play as soon as possible.

Test, fix, ensure the product is of sufficient quality, then release.  We don't need more buggy apps, and the author doesn't need to trash his rating for the app.

Thanks for continuing to support your great product.  

I'm hoping with this version someone can make a skin or visualizer that is just the album artwork and nothing else on the screen.  Is this even possible?  I'd be happy to paypal someone for some support here.  Thanks!  

I'm hoping with this version someone can make a skin or visualizer that is just the album artwork and nothing else on the screen.

Swipe in from the right-hand-edge to see the Visualisation options, and set the style to Disabled. There is normally a separate option to hide the control icons which cover the album art until you tap, but that is not currently working in the alpha release.

Andre

Without Material Design ?? :(

We can hope.

Personally (see sig!) I wish Google and Microsoft would stop their stupid race to out-flatten their increasingly monotonous interfaces. Lots of plain monochrome depthless options on bright-coloured rectangular backgrounds? Didn't we leave that kind of uninspired design ethic behind with DOS and Windows 3.11? And don't even get me started on the removal of proper physical Menu buttons from many devices and the implementation of horrible floating on-screen buttons instead.

And then they want other, more imaginative, developers to follow along with their blandness like sheep. :(

Andre

We can hope.

Personally (see sig!) I wish Google and Microsoft would stop their stupid race to out-flatten their increasingly monotonous interfaces. Lots of plain monochrome depthless options on bright-coloured rectangular backgrounds? Didn't we leave that kind of uninspired design ethic behind with DOS and Windows 3.11? And don't even get me started on the removal of proper physical Menu buttons from many devices and the implementation of horrible floating on-screen buttons instead.

And then they want other, more imaginative, developers to follow along with their blandness like sheep. :(

Andre

Hope you can make it beautiful with or without material design. I love material design anyway, when it's well applied.

Thank you for keep supporting that amazing music player. :D

Love this. The current stable release (v2) for some reason cannot play gapless from an external SD card. There's always a one second hitch/pause in between the tracks no matter what I try to do (wipe the phone, modify settings) and the SD card is brand new and another music player plays the gapless just fine.

With this v3 alpha release, much better. There's still a very quick "hitch" in between the track transition for my gapless music, but at least it's not like the 1 second pause I get with v2. Hopefully, this can be further optimized to make it completely seamless like it was before.

Keep up the great work!

Archived