Poweramp on Android 6.0: Status Bar, Skin Support Issue

Hello there, I am currently using Poweramp on Android 6.0 and I am encountering a few issues addressing Status Bar widget and skin support.

- Status Bar cannot update song info accordingly when manually changing song (previous/next);

- When installing a skin, it will show its app name as "[PL_****]_Cancel" instead of its correspondent name in my app drawer, and cannot be detected by Poweramp; in my case this issue is in installing "Poweramp Material Skin" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikorolkov.Poweramp.skins.material).

Could you kindly look into the issue? Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2015 at 0:28 AM, tenyuhuang said:

Hello there, I am currently using Poweramp on Android 6.0 and I am encountering a few issues addressing Status Bar widget and skin support.

- Status Bar cannot update song info accordingly when manually changing song (previous/next);

- When installing a skin, it will show its app name as "[PL_****]_Cancel" instead of its correspondent name in my app drawer, and cannot be detected by Poweramp; in my case this issue is in installing "Poweramp Material Skin" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikorolkov.Poweramp.skins.material).

Could you kindly look into the issue? Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Siddartha said:

Hi Poweramp team,

I am also facing the same issue on my huawei honor 7 running their custom EMUI 4 developed on top of Marshmallow 6.0.

Please fix this. :(

Just now, Siddartha said:

Even unable to apply default Poweramp HD skin. :( This is so annoying. Please fix ASAP. :(

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem - also with der Poweramp HD Skins APK from above ....

Honor 7 (EMUI 4) - PLK-L01C432B330, Android 6

Poweramp Version 2.0.10-build-588-play (Full Version)

Please fix it - i need Poweramp every day and dont want to search another Player-App :(

The supplied internal skins should work fine, is anyone having problems with those on MM?

Otherwise, most development work is currently going into the new release version at the moment, but skins are not yet supported at all on the alpha-test releases for v3 (it's a test of the actual program itself). The next beta-test release will include a new, more material-design, interface, and I know Max plans to support skins in that in the future but I don't know if old skins will be compatible or if new versions will be required.

Andre

• 2 months later...

Same problem. I have a Huawei P9 with marshmallow and the HD skin designed by you don't work, even the build 8 I downloaded from the downloads section. When it is installed it displays 48.0dip and doesn't work

And the 3rd party skins are named [Pl_8098]_Cancel, with any response

On 22/3/2016 at 0:13 PM, Magadaner said:

Please update Poweramp HD skins: http://powerampapp.com/download/Poweramp-HD-Skins-build-8.apk
3-rd party skins require update from developers.

Thanks!

Doesn't work. The app doesn't open and displays this: 48.0dip

Poweramp is my favorite  player and don't want to change to another for its skins

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also having an issue on my Honor 8, so this is most likely a Huawei thing. Weird that it affects the nexus P9 too though, as that uses a standard snapdragon processor and doesn't use huawei's EMUI skin, which I would have thought was the issue otherwise. A couple screenshots included for good measure. 

IMG_20161013_012836.png

IMG_20161013_012750.png

IMG_20161013_012806.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another owner of an honor 8. Running latest update with emui 4.1 

All skins that I try to apply will fail. They won't even come up as an option. Just a broken file in the app drawer. This is definitely an Huawei issue! My HTC 10 is working flawless with the skins, same Android version!

IMG_20161207_234909.png

• 4 months later...
On 3/18/2016 at 2:21 AM, Siddartha said:

Hi Poweramp team,

I am also facing the same issue on my huawei honor 7 running their custom EMUI 4 developed on top of Marshmallow 6.0.

Please fix this. :(

• Update your application with latest version.
  • Remove all cached data from your phone.
  • Factory reset your device.

• 3 months later...

Please read the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum (http://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/9896-minor-bugs-with-the-v2-release-of-poweramp-and-newer-roms/). There will probably be no further non-critical updates for Poweramp v2, and an inability to use a skin can hardly be considered critical.

Skins will be re-implemented in Poweramp v3 though, once that gets to an official release stage and third-party developers have had a chance to create new skins.

Andre

Archived