Poweramp on Android 6.0 - Cannot select SD card music directory

As above, Poweramp cant scan my SD card. It is a 64gb Lexar micro sd (which i only got today) i have a Xperia z3 compact running on 6.0. It does detect the sd card, however the problem is me not being able to select it as the music directory. When i select it and press "scan folders" it "scans" them, but when I check on whether the folders are selected they show up as unselected again. Its as if Poweramp simply cant scan them. I checked up on permissions and Poweramp has got the storage permission on my device. Other music players are handling this SD card just fine. I cleared the cache of Poweramp, reinstalled it, i formatted the sd card and anything else that I could. No result.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

As above, Poweramp cant scan my SD card.  ....

How is ity formatted? I have a 64GB card on a phone running 6.0.1 and that's fine - formatted as FAT32. (You can get tools on the web to fomrat it like this as it's over 32GB which is the upper limit for Windows formatting in thisd way).

Dave

How is ity formatted? I have a 64GB card on a phone running 6.0.1 and that's fine - formatted as FAT32. (You can get tools on the web to fomrat it like this as it's over 32GB which is the upper limit for Windows formatting in thisd way).

Dave

As far as I can see its formatted as "Generic Hierarchial", thats what It says in properties at least. I think it shows that because Im browsing it via MTP? Im going to format it to a FAT32 and see whether it works. Backing up files atm. 

Edit 

I've lost my card reader so I cant format my sd card to Fat32 at the moment. Any other ideas would be welcome?

So I was right that it was the odd path, with a colon and a comma in the name, which was causing Poweramp to miss it. I've asked Max if he could look into this, but he doesn't currently have any Marshmallow devices with SD Card slots, so testing is a bit tricky.

You could try reformatting as exFAT again and see what happens, it would be helpful to know the results.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

at this moment I have only 2 HTC devices with Android 6.0 and sd card. Both sd-card modes works fine with Poweramp (separate sd card and formated as internal memory).

Sd card path should look like /mnt/media_rw/3C26-1E07 (separate sd card)

or like /mnt/expand/0086739-480b... (formated as internal)

I wonder where exactly did you get 6.0 on your Sony? Are you on some beta-version of 6.0? 

My test-pool Sony Z5 is yet on 5.0 and as I can see from the press, it's going to get update this month (Feb'16).

(http://neurogadget.com/2016/02/01/sony-xperia-z5-z3-series-getting-android-6-0-marshmallow-update/23545)

The only issue with 6.0 and sd cards are write permissions for tag editor - that fixed both for next 3.0 beta and next 2.0 build.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 31.1.2016 at 6:11 PM, maxmp said:

Hello,

at this moment I have only 2 HTC devices with Android 6.0 and sd card. Both sd-card modes works fine with Poweramp (separate sd card and formated as internal memory).

Sd card path should look like /mnt/media_rw/3C26-1E07 (separate sd card)

or like /mnt/expand/0086739-480b... (formated as internal)

I wonder where exactly did you get 6.0 on your Sony? Are you on some beta-version of 6.0? 

My test-pool Sony Z5 is yet on 5.0 and as I can see from the press, it's going to get update this month (Feb'16).

(http://neurogadget.com/2016/02/01/sony-xperia-z5-z3-series-getting-android-6-0-marshmallow-update/23545)

The only issue with 6.0 and sd cards are write permissions for tag editor - that fixed both for next 3.0 beta and next 2.0 build.

Thanks!

Could be the problem... I'm on Concept Marshmallow Android version 6.0.1 (which is from Sony), don't know when the official marshmallow update for Xperia Z3 Compact is rolling out. Also afaik they released the official beta for the marshmallow update, didn't test it yet though because it's actually only available for some parts of EU (Germany is not part of the program unfortunately)

From the descriptions here, I am having the same problem, namely Poweramp vs. the Marshmallow SD mount point.  My music shows up in Poweramp, but I get a message saying "Folder is missing/not readable.  Try full rescan?"  Poweramp worked fine until the Marshmallow update on my LG V10 from Verizon in the US.  Other music players work fine.  The most recent update didn't fix the problem (2.0.10-build-588). 

I am not an Android developer.  I know I've seen mount points, but I can't recall how to show the Linux path.  If someone can explain a way to show this, I'll be glad to verify. 

Have you checked the new SD Card mount folder is ticked in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders ? Some people have reported that when upgrading Google's changes result in the new folder not being ticked by default.

Andre

• 2 months later...

Archived