Audio time in Poweramp is longer than original file

Alex787

Hello everyone , when I scan - load  some of my audio files from library to power amp on my android samsung core prime . the new audio file time is longer than the original file. For example library file time is 58 Min . in Android Power Amp shows time as 3:22;27. in some files the audio books and music files the audio seems to be duplicated.when micro sd card is removed and installed back in pc it shows the correct audio time. tried sevarl steps and not able to resolve can anyone help > My pweramp was installed last week so it be be the latest version. thank you Alex 

Hello Andre :) Thank you very much for your reply . I am not much of a tech expert or the terminology . Would you please tell me what is a mis-tagged  or VBR files ? also in the Power Amp settings > Music Folders how do I choose the items -music that is on on my micro memory card ? There are a lot of items -that I can pick -check-ticked  on the folder setting scan section  that I do not understand. I just want to upload the music that is on my micro card ?  That is it  only the items on my sd memory card ,  Thanks again I really appreciate you taking the time to help me . Alex    P.S I done several re scans and nothing is there a place I can get more detailed info -instructions about how to properly set Power Amp ? Thanks        

Hello  Andre your right just looked up VBR files , this seems to be part of the problem on the original audio tag it shows the kbps is 128 , however when I install on power amp the kbps goes down to 32 KBPS , ? is there a way to fix this ? Thank again Alex

In the Music Folders list, start by unticking everything at the very top level of your device and SD Card - there's a lot you won't want scanned, so it's easier to only select the folders you DO want. Then tick just the folder (or folders) which contain your music files (sub-folders will automatically be selected along with the top level folder). It might be an idea to do a Full Rescan afterwards, just to make sure everything is tidy.

I don't know of a utility to fix bitrate tags within MP3 files off the top of my head - lots to edit the visible user-defined tags like title, artist, cover art, etc, but not to fix lower level stuff - but Google might throw something up for you.

Andre

Hello Andre, I was able to fix the problem, I follow your instructions and was able to resolve thE issue. It was the tags - I edited the info and adjusted the Kbps speed on my media go software. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain to me in details. There are still good people out there and you my friend are on top of the list!Thank you very much and Happy Holidays! Alex :)

Archived