Scanning Function Unable To Complete -- Crashes Android

I have been having difficulty with my Android and Poweramp since this past Sunday. I discovered that whenever Poweramp attempts to scan the library, it gets stuck mid-scan, and ultimately the phone freezes and crashes, only to restart the phone and start the process all over again, resulting in a series of restarts and crashes. I was able to halt the auto-scanning. I tried deleting cache and data files. I tried unstalling and reinstalling both the Trial and Full Versions.

If I don't do a scan of the library, Poweramp won't play any new downloaded files (which it needs to do). But at this point, I can't even get it to complete a scan because the scan gets stuck.  At this point, I have a practically useless app.

Help, please!

Could be something corrupt on your SD Card. Try changing the setting in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders to bypass all but a small music folder and see if it scans OK. If it does, add folders back in a few at a time to see if you can identify where the issue is.

Andre

Could be something corrupt on your SD Card. Try changing the setting in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders to bypass all but a small music folder and see if it scans OK. If it does, add folders back in a few at a time to see if you can identify where the issue is.

Andre

I tried limiting the scanning to the internal memory and it succeeded in completing the scan. I tried adding the Saved Music folder on the card it did not. What might have happened between Saturday and Sunday, and what can I do about it?

Copy the contents on the SD Card onto your PC, reformat the card, and copy the good files back. That should deal with any possible file system corruptions on the card.

Andre

Good files? How do I know which ones are corrupted or bad?

I followed your directions. I transferred the contents to the computer. I put the microSD card and did a reformatting, then transferred everything back to the card. I then did a manual Rescan and it did it without a hitch. I'm not sure how that malfunction happens to begin with. Let's hope that this sticks. I'll let y'all know.

Thank you. I love the app. While I'm not a very heavy user, I appreciate its design and flexibility.

Archived