Wired headset now controlling volume, not skipping tracks on Pweramp

Hi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which has just updated to build N9005XXUGBOI2. The button on the wired headset used to goto pre/next track but now it only controls the volume. Is anyone else having the problem?  I'm using Poweramp build 581.

Thanks

The buttons on the headset cable are meant to control volume on Samsung devices. You must have modified it (or used an app to do that for you), and updating the ROM may have reverted the system to regular stock behaviour. Just re-do whatever made the adjustment for you in the first place. (I did my Note 3 by modifying the keyboard mapping file, but you'd need to be rooted to do that).

Andre

Thanks Andre.

That's a bit strange!  The wired headset has always worked for me on Poweramp when skipping to prev/next track.  I've had my Note 3 for almost 18 months and it has always worked.  It also worked for me on my S3 before that and I had that for 2 years.  Not sure why it's suddenly changed then.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use?

Thanks

Thanks for that Andre.  I've just come back from the store where I purchased the headphones and had them replaced. The headphones are working fine now!!  The other ones must have developed the fault coincidentally at the same time as the update.

Thanks for your help.

Archived