ID3 Tag "Disc" not recognized

ramensama

• 4 years later...

this also affects me. I have for example "Complete Mozart Symphonies", the same with Bruckner, Beethoven, Complete piano concertos, Bach Complete Organ Works, same for Buxtehude, Sweelinck, De Grigny, etc, etc.

I've maybe got twenty complete sets of works of various types by various composers on my microsd card which runs to an equivalent of maybe 200 CDs. That's a lot of music that plays in a pretty chaotically random order. It's a shame Poweramp doesn't correctly identify and order multi-CD sets and, I would expect, from a programming perspective would be a relatively easy and largely invisible bit of coding once the decision has been made to fix it. It's the sort of thing that thirty years ago when I was a desktop applications developer wouldn't take to long to do. I would expect that the correct way to process and sequence multiCD sets would be to order play from disc 1, track 1 to end then move on to disc 2, track 1 to end and so on.

For a simple fix that would require no UI changes, it would make such a welcome improvement for people who listen to CD sets.

It would much appreciated if you could squeeze it in, between meals ;)

I agree that this needs fixing. In the meantime though, either do what I do and use Folder/Filename sorting rather than tags, or renumber the track numbers so they run sequentially across the different discs in the collection. Also batch-changing the Title tags to include the disc number would fix the issue ("Complete Mozart Symphonies Disc 1", "Complete Mozart Symphonies Disc 2", etc.)

Andre

I used to have the mp3s id3 tagged with 'album name - CD1', CD2 etc, but when I look through stuff to play by composer, you end up scrolling through loads of probably identical album artwork and you may have to manually queue album after album after album to play the whole lot sequentially, and there's no guarantee that if you labeled each album with disc number, that the albums will get displayed in disc order (in fact they don't), also if you've got Poweramp set not to auto-rotate (because it gets on your nerves), then unless the album title including disc number is only maybe 20-odd characters long, trying to figure out which album is which disc number within the set is extremely tedious and involved. (You need to select to play a track from the album, pause play, select to view the album's tracks and select 'edit info' just to finally figure out which album it is.) It's something of a pain to put it mildly.

I suppose I could create a playlist for each of these boxed sets but that's really just a workaround for a somewhat illogical 'feature' in the way box-sets are currently handled.

As this is a functionality change which would require no UI changes, it would be nice to see it included in some future update. :)

Archived