problems after copying music to Poweramp

Ah, no wonder you're having problems then. Unfortunately Poweramp can't really be responsible for how well your pirated music and YouTube hacks are handled. ;)

In TagScanner, load all of the songs for that one album (probably from one folder). Then in the Tag Editor screen find and select one track which shows the correct album title/picture/etc and in the right-hand part of the window click on the tag-titles that you will want to use for all of the other song files. The selected tag-titles will turn blue to show you those field contents are 'locked'. Then select all of the other song files which should be part of the same album (in the left-hand part of the window) and press the Save button and they will all be re-saved with the modified tags. Then copy the music back to your phone. (Oh, and in case the defaults are different, first check that the options in the upper-right bar of TagScanner are set to "APE" and "Auto")

Andre

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, no wonder you're having problems then. Unfortunately Poweramp can't really be responsible for how well your pirated music and YouTube hacks are handled. ;)

In TagScanner, load all of the songs for that one album (probably from one folder). Then in the Tag Editor screen find and select one track which shows the correct album title/picture/etc and in the right-hand part of the window click on the tag-titles that you will want to use for all of the other song files. The selected tag-titles will turn blue to show you those field contents are 'locked'. Then select all of the other song files which should be part of the same album (in the left-hand part of the window) and press the Save button and they will all be re-saved with the modified tags. Then copy the music back to your phone. (Oh, and in case the defaults are different, first check that the options in the upper-right bar of TagScanner are set to "APE" and "Auto")

Andre

How do I check all the songs ? After I click on the tag titles which turn blue from the song that has all the right ones. I use control and click on the rest of the ones and I press save. Is that how you do it??

By 'Check' all the songs you you mean you want to select them all? Yes, once you've set any tags to locked status (so the tag name turns blue) any files that you then Save will have those tags overwritten with your new values (e.g. to save the correct Album Title and Artist for a whole album). If you want to save those tags to multiple files in the filenames area in one go, select one and then either use shift or control clicks to select more, or if it's easier just press Control-A to Select All. Then click on 'Save' to save the highlighted tags to all the selected files.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

However something does not work. On my Galaxy S6 Edge I imported around 6000 songs, but from 1% of them Poweramp says "unknown artist/ unknown album / unknown genre". They are all m4a files / 320 kbs. The Android Player recognizes all these files that Poweramp does not, and puts the songs correctly in their  albums - though the tags are correct. It's a little annoying  :huh:

More precisely the files are aac (in iTunes and PoweAmp), but in Windows they appear as m4a. That;s why I use Poweramp - it should work with flac, aac, m4a (at least this is what I read on your site).

Well - I imported all my library in Mp3Tag and saved it (without any re-tagging) and suddenly all files are recognized. But it remains a mistery why Poweramp did not recognize some tags while the Android player did.

I will send you a file if this this happens again,

Thank you for your kind answer.

Tags are often not quite compatible in aac/m4a file downloads, and some programs accept a wider range of possibilities than others. There's another similar thread here from a few months ago regarding files with ID3 1.1 and 2.3 tags which did not quite match each other and caused albums to get split when they were read. [Edit: LOL, in fact it was earlier in this very thread]

I use Tagscanner to retag my files tidily, but Mp3Tag is another good option.

Andre

The line between the start and finish of the song is not there. I do not know why. It was there before I downloaded marshmallow. I do not know why it is not there. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhu294bajlksfbg/97a50d67-fc8e-4a08-9c08-994f20a56dd7.png?dl=0

Between the Eminem and the numbers there was a line dictating the progress of the song. 

I normally use mp3TagTools 

https://sourceforge.net/projects/massid3lib/

which has options to copy all ID3v1.1  tags to ID3v2.3 and vice versa.

Open up the appropriate music folder, which will load all mp3 files therein, highlight them all and select correct  option  from Tools menu

The options are a little counter intuitive though:

IDv3.1.1 -------> ID3V2.x

IDv3.1.1 <------- ID3V2.x

Hope this helps

Looks like you are using a pretty colourful skin there - try using the default skins and see if you have the same problem.

Andre

It does work now. Every time I update android the darn power amp changes. Thank you very much for your help!!!!!!!!!

I love power amp, way better than my ipod!!!!!!!

More precisely the files are aac (in iTunes and PoweAmp), but in Windows they appear as m4a. That;s why I use Poweramp - it should work with flac, aac, m4a (at least this is what I read on your site).

Well - I imported all my library in Mp3Tag and saved it (without any re-tagging) and suddenly all files are recognized. But it remains a mistery why Poweramp did not recognize some tags while the Android player did.

I will send you a file if this this happens again,

Thank you for your kind answer.

You should not use M4A because power amp does not comprehend that. I just downloaded the album again. But, with mp3 or whatever the newer version of that is.

Archived