Recently Ive been getting ads (for Ford Motor Company and Android) on my phone, as well as Poweramp its been happening on eBay and Facebook.

The Ad's are seemingly quite hi quality comprising a 'still' full screen picture (of a car in the case of the Ford one) which can be dismissed via a cross at the right top of the picture.

Although easily dismissed they are a nuisance

I'm wondering if these are some how official ads from Android as they advertise Android /google products as well as Ford or are they some sort of virus etc.

Is it possible to get rid of them? if so could you tell me how, as after a some searching I cant find even a mention of anything like them on the internet.

By the way congrats on having one of, if not the best app's on Android

Thanks

Harry

Sorry to say, but it does now!

Ive been using Poweramp for over 5 years and until recently you have been correct, but now it and other apps (BBC news, Facebook, Ebay) display ads as described above,

There is a problem with Android, please read my previous decription, they are not the usual flashing cheapo ads you get with free apps, they consist of good quality full screen still pictures.

Sorry to say, but it does now!

Ive been using Poweramp for over 5 years and until recently you have been correct, but now it and other apps (BBC news, Facebook, Ebay) display ads as described above,

There is a problem with Android, please read my previous decription, they are not the usual flashing cheapo ads you get with free apps, they consist of good quality full screen still pictures.

These definitely sound suspicious, but it isn't coming from any of the apps listed, you've got some kind of malware.

I

These definitely sound suspicious, but it isn't coming from any of the apps listed, you've got some kind of malware.

I agree, the question is, do Ford Motor Company, Nectar (the shopping reward company used by Sainsburys) and Android themselves advertise via malware? Or is it Android itself?

As a start could some one give some pointers on how to get rid of this 'malware', bearing in mind I would rather not initialise/wipe my Phone

You'd be better taking this issue to one of the mainstream Android development/support sites, as posting in support sites for Poweramp, BBC, Facebook, etc sites won't help as that's not where your problem is. It's like complaining to Ford that someone has put up an illegal billboard where you want to drive your Ford car. You might want to start with somewhere like www.xda-developers.com or similar.

Andre

You'd be better taking this issue to one of the mainstream Android development/support sites, as posting in support sites for Poweramp, BBC, Facebook, etc sites won't help as that's not where your problem is. It's like complaining to Ford that someone has put up an illegal billboard where you want to drive your Ford car. You might want to start with somewhere like www.xda-developers.com or similar.

Andre

Thanks Andre, have posted on the xda forum (no luck so far).

I understand the analogy your using, however, if I had worked hard to create and develop an app (or even took time to moderate that app) and someone came along and took revenue from my creativity (or time) (which seemingly these ads are) I dont believe I would be quite so relaxed

To extend your analogy, theyve just put a bill board in Poweramps garden

Thanks for your reply

Archived