Autoplay on app launch

Hello!

Happy Poweramp user here, I use it on all my devices.

I recently upgraded my car stereo to an Android head unit. It works great, and Poweramp is my player of choice.

(Like this:) JH6N8OYA468@PT1OIIZ7.png

When you start the car, the head unit re-launches the last app that was open in the foreground. If I had the radio player app open, it will re-launch and play the radio automatically (just like most car stereos).

However, I use Poweramp most of the time, and it re-launches on boot up, but it does not auto-play. I have to press the 'play' button every time I get in the car and start it up. It does play from wherever it left off.

It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. 

So, my feature request is simply a selectable option for Poweramp to automatically start playing music once the app is launched. This doesn't already exist, does it? I looked through the menus but didn't find anything.

There are currently options to auto-play/resume on headset connection and Bluetooth connect, but not on every app start. Those might have the desired effect though, depending on how the unit is set up internally.

Can you install up something like Tasker on the device to send the right intent to commence playback in Poweramp? I'm not a Tasker expert or anything, but I think the following should work to trigger the play/pause button:

Action: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMAND

Extra: cmd:1

Target: Service

Andre

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the existing options will not help; the unit is basically an Android device that boots up every time the car is started, and it remembers which app was in the foreground last time and opens it again; so Poweramp will re-open but not start playing automatically. Headset and bluetooth options are tangential to the issue.

I will try playing around with Tasker.

I do think that a built-in solution will be appreciated though, especially as the popularity of these Android head units spreads. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Android car stereo, and am trying to do the same thing, but it does not work in all scenarios. To improve start times, this unit goes in to a sleep mode, so if you are making quick trips around town, its instant on when you start back up, if the car stays off for more than 2 hours, then Android does a full shutdown.

Under the case of a complete shutdown, Poweramp works as desired, on startup it auto plays where it left off (cold boot is 1+ minute, so its not desired).

But on a soft power off, aka sleep mode, it auto opens Poweramp, and it is paused where you left off.

Is there any way to make power amp always auto-play, no matter what?

• 11 months later...

Settings > Audio > Audio Focus > Resume on Start will restart playback whenever Poweramp is launched.

However if all the device does is trigger a pause and then goes to sleep (i.e. like turning the screen off on a phone) then you would not expect a paused audio player to suddenly restart when you unlock the screen.

Perhaps you could create something in Tasker? 

Andre

• 6 months later...
On 2/7/2015 at 3:33 AM, totalimpact said:

I have an Android car stereo, and am trying to do the same thing, but it does not work in all scenarios. To improve start times, this unit goes in to a sleep mode, so if you are making quick trips around town, its instant on when you start back up, if the car stays off for more than 2 hours, then Android does a full shutdown.

Under the case of a complete shutdown, Poweramp works as desired, on startup it auto plays where it left off (cold boot is 1+ minute, so its not desired).

But on a soft power off, aka sleep mode, it auto opens Poweramp, and it is paused where you left off.

Is there any way to make power amp always auto-play, no matter what?

I also have this problem... on reboot it will play, but on short sleep it will pause.

I checked and it is not a mount issue.. as i tested playing music from internal sd-card.. and the same issue..

so it is a power amp issue that i would love to be resolved

Archived