Disable Autoplay on startup

To be clear I'm not speaking about when I plug in headphones or connect via Bluetooth etc. What I want to do is disable the player from resuming where it left off. I don't mind that it remembers the last song played and it's position but I find it annoying that it just starts playing the song by itself. Sometimes this is a nice feature but then, if it cant be turned off I would like to request that this post be moved to the Feature Request section.

It doesn't auto-play for me when I start the app; it remembers where I last got to, but opens in the Player screen with playback set ready to resume there when I press the Play button. You don't have the 'Resume on Start' option selected do you? (in Settings > Audio > Audio Focus)

Andre

• 5 years later...

Almost found and alternative to google play music. So close man. But the app with so much accessibility and configuration doesn't have the most basic feature. I don't think it would take much effort. And still for 5 years it's been the same. Autoplay stop button is must because I don't wanna continuously listen to music , even Spotify knows that. I still don't get it why would it be so hard for you to just add one more button. I mean when I search for one song and listen to it, I listen with a particular mood and them the player throws off the next song which literally ruins the emotions the previous one elicited. So please can you do something???

This can be done with the Queue. You can set the Queue to Stay in Queue when done. Add your one song to the Queue, play it and the player will stop when the song ends. The ultimate enhancement would be to Stay in Queue even after the queue has been cleared (for those of us that prefer working in the Queue vs the "normal" way PA works).

• 1 year later...
On 10/27/2022 at 12:12 AM, JimLikesPA said:

Poweramp auto starts every time I get in my car, I put my Bose bluetooth earbuds in. I can have a Google podcast playing and PA interrupts it. A little frustrating.

Poweramp may be set to auto-start when it is first loaded via PA Settings=>Audio=>Audio Focus->Resume on Start. For Bluetooth connections, there is also PA Settings=>Header/Bluetooth=>Resume on Bluetooth. If you also use the separate stand-alone PA Equaliser app (even if its EQ functionality is currently turned off) it has its own equivalent Bluetooth resume function, so if you use that app check that the mode isn't enabled there too. 

Finally, it might not be Poweramp itself that is requesting playback to resume, it may be the BT device. Have a look in the log at PA Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Last Processed Commands in case the external device is sending a button event such as "MEDIA_BUTTON KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY" which Poweramp is responding to. You can completely disable external button responses via the same menu, but that's a bit drastic as you won't then be able to use the controls on your BT device later.

There are several other threads which discuss the same settings, e.g.

Andre

• 1 year later...