Display "Album Artist" instead of first Trackartist in album list

Hey,

Display "Album Artist" instead of first Trackartist in album list would be nice.

For Compilations which are mixed by one particular person and therefor has the album artist "Blablabla" should show the album artist and not the track artist - also Compilations with "Various Artists" as album artist would be easier to sort and/or spotted. thx! 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, Please!!! This seems like such an obvious feature, especially with the growing popularity of EDM compilations.

I just spent the last hour trying to get 1 album to list correctly in the Library. In my case it shows the artist from the LAST track. Still can't get it to work, but since I view my library by album title rather than artist I guess I'll have to live with it for now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought an iPhone 5s and loved the way VA albums are sorted in the list of albums. It was iOS 9.0.3

Please please please implement this kind of artists list view, because i would have to scroll through 50 artists and not 5000 when trying to find a certain album.

Please agregate ALL kind of VA albums under one tag, be it ”Compilations”, ”VA”, ”Various Artists”, ”Various”, or whatever you like.

ps.> moved back from iOS (after 3 months of use) to Android, due to inclusively lack of Poweramp on iOS.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 7:24 AM, Der Internet said:

Hey,

Display "Album Artist" instead of first Trackartist in album list would be nice.

For Compilations which are mixed by one particular person and therefor has the album artist "Blablabla" should show the album artist and not the track artist - also Compilations with "Various Artists" as album artist would be easier to sort and/or spotted. thx! 

This would be great! For compilation Albums where different Artists are on each track. I put "Various" in Album Artist and then each track has the performing Artist. As it is now the compilation Album will show under some Artist in the album. I'd like these albums to show under

various.

Archived