Advanced shuffle?

Hi there,

Will it be possible to add an advanced shuffle option that will prevent a song from being played for an X amount of times in a certain period?

I have a long list of songs, but it feels to me that only a small percentage of them get repeated over and over, while the rest are very rarely played. It would be great if there was a feature which plays a song 1 or 2 times (preferably configurable) in, say, a month (also preferably configurable) so songs would not get repeated so much and we will be able to hear all of our songs?

Thanks!

They use the stock Android randomizer I think, so after a certain amount of time everything gets reshuffled. I never understood why that is because it makes the Repeat function useless.

My super old iTouch shuffled songs and then built a list whos order wouldnt change, ever. When you manually picked a song, it would add it to the list as the next song and then played it. That would make it that songs could never repeat unless you specifically activated the Repeat function.

So the list would initially be (and would never change unless I reshuffled): A-B-C-D-E

And when I picked song E from the library while B was playing, the new list would be: A-B-E-C-D-E

+1 and a completely random song selection every time the same play list is activated regardless of which song is played first. You could go one step further and remove a song after it has been played (original play list is saved) once you exit the list all songs are reinstated. Just a thought.

Archived