When i disconnect Bluetooth it resets the audio im listening to

i have the same problem.

When my Galaxy S5 (Lollipop - no root - everything is original) disconnects from my car radio over bluetooth, the the mp3 resets to the beginning of the mp3. So it doesn´t resume playing when i connect to my car radio over bluetooth. But sometimes (i think every about 1 of 10 times) this doesn´t happens. So everything works fine. Resume playing works over Bluetooth!

This is really an annoying Bug.Everytime i want to listen music i must klick the Poweramp-Play-Button - and using the smartphone while driving is prohibited by the police:(

I bought Poweramp some time ago because it was the best Android-Player. But at the moment I'm using a different player (PlayerPro) - PlayerPro has no problems with resume playing over bluetooth - but the handling is not so good for me as with Poweramp :(

@to the Poweramp-Programmers:

Did you tried it? Could you adjust this problem? Perhabs - are you working on it?

Please fix this bug.

Thank you very much

Best regards George

I don't believe it's sending a stop command as was alluded to earlier since I've seen it with a wired connection as well. Unless pulling out the connector is also sending a bogus signal.

I don't have this latest build but I can confirm that it happens with more than just one type of bluetooth connector and often happens when disconnecting my wired headset or when switching between bluetooth and wired. 

Hi,

i tried the latest build 578.

And this works:

I start my car and after some seconds Poweramp starts playing music automatically connected by bluetooth. --> One "bug" is fixed - Thank you very much.

BUT:

This this problem i still have:

When I turn off my bluetooth it resets the audio i am listening to back to the start and i lose my place. The MP3 is always played from the beginning of the MP3.

--> This happens, when Bluetooth disconnects from my Samsung S5 Lollipop. I see this in the "time-line" of Poweramp. After disconnected from Bluetooth the timeline is on position 0 minutes. It doesn´t remember the last position from the MP3-File.

Please fix this bug also.

Thank you very much.

Regards

George

• 3 weeks later...

Bump!

I keep having the same problem, but before upgrading to Lollipop, it happened about 10% of the times, now, with Lollipop, it's 95% of the times.

And yes, I've got the latest build installed.

From everything I read on the forum, apparently it's a bug that has been known since at least 2013. Maybe it's time to do something about it?

The last couple of versions have been trying to address this issue, I assume build 579, posted a few days ago, has not resolved your particular version of this problem though?

The difficulty, I guess, is that there are hundreds (thousands?) of different Bluetooth devices out there, and it would impossible to test all of them for any different messages they send, and how disconnects trigger events. I do know Max has been looking into it though.

Andre

I have the same problem.

Resuming music when bluetooth is connected, works great. When the bluetooth disconnects, the music resets and is in a 'stop' state.

Currently using Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, with Android 5.0.2, Original Firmware - No root.

For note, Poweramp worked perfectly with my galaxy s4 on kitkat 4.4.4, with the same bluetooth player.

Hello,

i installed the build 579. And what should i say: IT WORKS!!!!

I have the Samsung S5 - Lollipop - all updates - no root.

When I turn off my bluetooth it resets the audio i am listening to back to the start and i lose my place. The MP3 is always played from the beginning of the MP3.

This is fixed for me! It works again on my S5. Please be careful with any changes in future releases.

Thank you very much. Great work of the Poweramp programmers!

If i should test anything in the future or you have any questions why it works on my S5 and you thin i can help you - simply contact me.

Many thanks

Best regards

George

I have this problem in combination with Poweramp crashing. Or Poweramp will start to play in double time, then freeze up, bluetooth will disconnect,repair and then Poweramp will restart the song. I have a note 4 on lollipop. I've tried factory reset, clearing cache, removing Poweramp and reinstalling. Nothing works. I'm using the 78 version.

I'm happy to report that Build 579 fixed this problem for me. Just like George above, I have a Samsung S5, all updates, no root. The audio I listen to is from 30 to 90 minutes and it was *real* annoying to have it reset to the beginning every time i disconnected my bluetooth. MUCH appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I would like to request that this be an option. As with others, my car stereo sends out the stop command when I turn it off, and I prefer the player to stop and return to the beginning of the song. I like my songs to start back at the beginning when I come back to the car. 

I'm currently using another player that supports the stop command in this way, but am considering switching to Poweramp, so I'm hoping you can add this as an option. Thanks! 

Archived