remove the played songs from queue

ffhex

Hello Poweramp-Forum,

nice that I have found this forum!

I try Poweramp since a few days and I must say: the app is very useful.

But I have a little problem with playing my searched songs in the queue.

Is there any option that can remove automaticly the played songs from this queue-list?

thats very important for me!

a lot of other (windows)-dj-programs, e.g. traktor, virtual-dj or digijay.at work on this way.

I fill my queue  with my songs and the program kill them from this list, if they are ready played.

Another problem is: How can I move the songs inside the queue-list, e.g. from position 9 to position 2?

It would be nice if someone could help me.

Many Thanks & Greetings from Germany!

FFhex

You can move items up and down within the queue from the Library screen - press Queue, and then use the slider thumbs to the right of the song titles to move them up and down.

Otherwise, the queue just plays the songs in order until everything is played. Older items in the current queue can still be scrolled back if you wish - but they won't play again unless you choose to, so there's no real need to clear them from the list once they've been played. Once done with all of them and you want to start a new list, you can clear the whole queue by pressing Menu in the Library>Queue screen and then 'Clear Q'.

Andre

Hello Andre,

many thanks for your replay!

I have now found the move-slider, but it is difficult to use it, especially if my queue-list is very long. **)

i think: would be better to have a "play as next" - button.

it would also be nice to have a "play as next in queue" - button, already in the "add songs" - function

(now i can place my song always at the end of the queue).

**) my list will be longer and longer because the played songs not deleted

thatswhy I think that's optional "delete the songs played" very well

and finally it would be nice if I had a display "queue-played: x of y" in the front of  the player,

and a warning alert: "you need to refill the queue" when 3 songs are left

Best Regards!

Frank (FFhex)

I think you are basically trying to use the queue as more of a playlist. The queue is more transient, designed to briefly override regular playback for a few tracks and then return to the regular play method, it's not really designed to be the main playback system.

Andre

Hi Andre,

that's right, I have been expecting something wrong.

I have just tried again.

When playing a playlist or a folder, you can now add songs to a queue. 

then the queue will be played next.

then the playlist will continue.

this is perfect !! thank you Poweramp !!

Thank you Andre, you helped me a lot!

FFhex

remark:

I really do not see any big difference between playlist and queue, even not in operation and sorting.

A playlist is something I've long been prepared and compiled for me.

a queue is something I organize spontaneous order at the moment to play the song directly, which is expected

but I would like to have the opportunity to push songs quickly to the "play next" position

this is my "completely satisfied" package

• 6 months later...

There's no 'Clear Q' option anywhere, and no menu at all, just the buttons for go back an to reorder the tracks by dragging them around the queue list, if I shuffle a folder or a Playlist the queue list is just increasing and go more and more big, I don't want to play everything just to clear the current queue, so how can I clear this damn queue?, because this is kinda annoying, hope you can please help me with this issue.

You can move items up and down within the queue from the Library screen - press Queue, and then use the slider thumbs to the right of the song titles to move them up and down.

Otherwise, the queue just plays the songs in order until everything is played. Older items in the current queue can still be scrolled back if you wish - but they won't play again unless you choose to, so there's no real need to clear them from the list once they've been played. Once done with all of them and you want to start a new list, you can clear the whole queue by pressing Menu in the Library>Queue screen and then 'Clear Q'.

Andre

View the current queue contents in Library View's "Queue" mode, and then press the Menu button and one of the options is "Clear Q".

If you don't see Queue within the Library View in the first place, press Menu in the top-level Library screen and select "List Options" and choose which types you would like to have displayed (in this case, make sure Queue is ticked, and untick any that you never use).

Andre

Archived