Poweramp v3.0 will never come and quality is not good yet

Js78955

Hi im using the Poweramp since my samsung galaxy y since 2011 with v2.3.6 gingerbread i was so impressed with the quality but as soon as i use in on android jelly bean and up it sucks no good quality it gives alot of trable in my samsung galaxy grand

i stopped using it in year 2013

and then i went to jetauido plus and i was so impressed it makes audio player like DJ with am3d plugin inside

i do have Poweramp license but i dont use it

and jetaudio plus player is daddy just give it a shot u will be amazed.

and im waiting for Poweramp v3.0 from september 2011 when max said it has been pushed back many times

u know more than  3 and half years Poweramp v3.0 wont come

im on jetaudio plus which has enhanced alot since then but Poweramp still on that level :)

anybody wants Poweramp license can message me i have website purchase as well give u emal and password and order id :)

seems Poweramp going down except its widgets which rocks and jetaudio widgets aint fancy but sound is what matters :)

Granted, jetaudio is a nice music player but having had a look, it is just too expensive. At £2.99 you just get the player. Then you have to purchase the additional plugins which actually make it more interesting. In terms of use, there is little difference but Poweramp has the edge regarding user interface features. For instance, I created another playlist outside jetaudio but could not find a way to tell jetaudio a) to scan again, B) which folder to include in its scanning.

• 2 weeks later...

What does suck is that I feel like it will come, but with the application being "under development" in one way or another for over three years like you said, it's just become more of a frustration more than anything.  I'm almost sure the update will be very good, and very modern, but at this point I am just hoping that something upcoming (a Shuttle or Gramophone type app) with a more responsive developer will get Poweramp's feature set.  Once this happens, it can either just be allowed to fade away, or it would be forced to compete in a major way (with that 3.0 material makeover or something).

Poweramp is still the best audio player around, but the UI is just so stagnant and dated....I mean, this summer there will have been two full WINDOWS releases between the last time Poweramp got a major overhaul.  Any UI is going to get stale after that long in use, even moreso with a music player that didn't have menu functionality as a strong suit in the first place.  

Even a preview or anything would be nice, but another thread said that the 3.0 isn't even in ALPHA testing yet, which is an enormous disappointment.

Apparently when the 3.0 audio engine is released, it will initially have the existing UI (although all the underlying code will be new).

And as for Google's Material Design, well personally I can take it or leave it. Mostly leave it if I'm really honest, as it makes all the same mistakes that Windows 8 did over Windows 7. Roll on the next funky pointless trend I say. (I still use KitKat on my phone and Windows 7 on my PC by the way)

Andre

Granted, jetaudio is a nice music player but having had a look, it is just too expensive. At £2.99 you just get the player. Then you have to purchase the additional plugins which actually make it more interesting. In terms of use, there is little difference but Poweramp has the edge regarding user interface features. For instance, I created another playlist outside jetaudio but could not find a way to tell jetaudio a) to scan again, B) which folder to include in its scanning.

there is option in settings in jetaudio in which u can select which folders you want to exclude and left ones it will scan :)

money worth it cus sounds that matters cus that what makes me fly

I'm starting to ask myself why are people asking for a 3.0 version really. I mean, the app is more or less perfect as it is. It receives periodic maintenance updates. If it works don't fix it!

Tried Gramophone the past few days. While it's still in beta, it is indeed a decent alternative. But, I missed Poweramp!

Personally, I have absolutely no issues with Poweramp's audio quality whatsoever, or the general UI. All of that works very well indeed for me.

My own (personal) broad wishlist items are more functionality-driven, for example:

• Better handling of tags (e.g. Album Artist, Ratings, extra embedded images) and the ability to write Ratings, Cover Art and Last-Played stats back into MP3 files.
  • Streaming playback (both in terms of online/LAN source material, and also outputting to DLNA/Chromecast/etc)
  • Better control and navigation within long tracks such as concerts, radio shows, podcasts, audiobooks, etc (skip fwd/back by a selected time period would be great)
  • Allowing Shuffle to ignore certain folders (as per previous genres, plus movie soundtrack albums, gapless concept albums, etc)
  • Better control over sorting, grouping and view styles within the Library (more category options, fully user-definable multi-level sorts/views, smart playlists, etc).

"Materialising" the UI though would be so far down my list (and written in a very small font) that you'd never find it.

Andre

Yes, it's frustrating, and it's been so long waiting for 3.0 you want to bang your head into the wall. It's almost like Poweramp 3.0 has become Half-Life 3's brother.

But I checked out jetaudio plus and I still prefer Poweramp over it. It's got such a bland interface -- yeah the album art configuration is neat. But it has no autoplaylists, star ratings, or anything of that sort. Just a few extra features like playback speed, quick youtube, post to facebook -- none of which I care about or use. Keep in mind that app most likely was influenced by Poweramp features. It's much easier to copy an app's features than be the first/original one to implement it. Not to mention the app is a rip-off. $4 and on top of that you still have to pay for more plugins

If and when Poweramp 3.0, it will be awesome. But until then, there's nothing to do except make imprints of your head on the wall

You're right Andre, the material design can be hit or miss and I'm not sure if it'll work in a media player at all (although Gramophone has the right idea, it's still hampered by the design UI material players all have to go by).

I just want the legacy "list" interface to go away.  Top tabs that can easily been seen, customized and be used to navigate between things is pretty much universally seen as more attractive (at least as far as I am aware).  Artist pictures that are fetched for you.  A more attractive artist page (something the Material players get so, so right), dynamically color changing UI.  Just updates like that, things that take advantage of the design advances that devs have found in the years since 2.0 came out and the major UI changes were made.  Android has seen some major refinements since that time, and I think that Poweramp should make use of it more than it has done in the past

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rocket Player is very similar to Poweramp in its behavior and appearance. It also had Chromecast, which is the feature I most want in Poweramp. I can't seem to get Rocket Player's equalizer to work, though. Could be a fault of the ROM I use on my Galaxy S5, though.

I rather like Poweramp as it is, except that it needs Chromecast support ASAP. With Rocket Player, I can listen with headphones, or I can listen through my home stereo via Chromecast while lying on the couch. The ability to play my phone's music from the couch is awesome.

Gapless AAC/M4A in v3.0 would be nice. There are a few players on Android that do support it (such as GoneMad), but I prefer Poweramp right now.

That's the one thing I want as well. The current gapless is okay, but not perfect. As it stands enabling it sometimes causes a pop or click between tracks that have silence, and remains good but imperfect for actual gapless tracks. If they could implement the same AAC gapless decoder from foobar and iTunes that would be ideal.

As for rebuilding the engine, it might help as I get an occasional random pop/click while listening, but maybe that's due to my budget phone.

Archived