Bluetooth Control Problems (Previous/next title)

Hello everybody,

I love Poweramp and I am using it for years on different phones. Currently I am using an LG Nexus 4 with Android Lollipop 5.0.1. My newest toy is a Garmin Vivosmart, which hopefully will be fully functionable in one of the next versions ;).

So...what is not working: The Music Control using the Vivosmart Band, which allows me, to Play/Pause, change volume, but also to change to previous and next title is not working correctly.

Unfortunately until now it is not possible to change titles, because of a misinterpreting of the corresponding controls. Using "previous/next title" always result in the Play/Pause functionality. I've already tried it with the Default Google Music Player and here it works flawlessly.

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Cheerio,

Dominik

Necessary information:

• Poweramp version and build number: 2.0.10-build-571-play
  • Devide: LG Nexus 4
  • Android version: 5.0.1 (stock

Hi Andre,

Jepp...I've already tried out the different settings in Settings > Headset/Bluetooth without any success. Still the same problems.

I've made some further testing and tried out the controls with some other apps. Some results:

• PowerampOnly Play/Pause is working. Previous/Next act like Play/Pause.
  • Soundcloud: Only Play/Pause is working. Previous/Next has the same behavior like Poweramp (so those also act like Play/Pause)
  • Music PlayerOnly Play/Pause is working. Previous/Next has the same behavior like Poweramp (so those also act like Play/Pause)
  • Google Play Music: No problems.
  • VLC Player: No problems.
  • Shuttle Music Player: No problems.

So...it is somehow difficult to identify the reason, what is causing the problem. Android 5.0.1 itself and its Bluetooth connection implementation? Or maybe it deals with the SmartBand and its Firmware itself?

Maybe someone has an idea or maybe it could be fixed in a next version?

Cheerio and thanks a lot,

Dominik

Archived