Using Tasker with Poweramp API...

pezboy

I'm looking for some help using Tasker to send intents to Poweramp. I'm very comfortable on the Tasker side of things, it's the terminology used in Poweramp's API I'm having trouble with. I've read the Poweramp forums about the API but I'm having trouble finding the proper commands. I'm trying to get Tasker to play specific albums, playlists, or artists. I was using ActionBox to perform this, but it seems ActionBox doesn't work well since upgrading to 5.0 Lollipop. I was never really happy with ActionBox anyway and would like to explore using the API commands instead. From what I understand, Poweramp uses ID #'s for albums, playlists, and artists, but I'm can't seem to find the corresponding ID # for anything. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

did you read this?

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6415-using-intentstasker-to-play-a-specific-artist/

or if you are working with java I have posted trying to find a way to lauch playlists from another app which is similar to your problem.

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6381-how-to-launch-Poweramp-from-another-andoid-app-into-playing-an-m3u-playlist/

Perhaps some of this helps.

Thanks for the tip TheoKlink. That works great for playing artists, but unfortunately it seems I will need to figure out the ID # to be able to play specific albums and playlists. Reading your post, I see you weren't successful in finding it either, but hopefully someone else here (possibly a moderator or maxmp) can give some insight on that issue.

• 11 months later...

I just spent almost 2 hours figuring out how to get Tasker to get Poweramp to play a random song on a select playlist! Now I'm thrilled whenever I connect to my Bluetooth speaker at work a random song from a "safe to play at work" playlist will play. I wanted to share my findings. Hopefully this will help you and others seeking how to do this bring you one step closer to doing whatever it is you need to happen.

ACTION: com.maxmpz.audioplayer.API_COMMANDDATA: content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/#/files?shf=2EXTRA: cmd:20TARGET: Service

To get the # of the list you want played open Poweramp, go to your list of playlists. The first playlist on the list is 1, the second is 2, and so on. I hope this is a help to anyone in the future.

• 7 months later...

Archived