Strange Poweramp behavior in Lollipop 5.01

Poweramp 2.0.10 Build 570

HTC One M7 GPE

Lollipop 5.01

Stock Rom

I recently updated to Lollipop 5.01 and I am having many issues with Poweramp. Resume on Bluetooth only works after fresh boot, after pause or disconnect, does not resume automatically and doesn't respond to any bluetooth buttons (play, ffwd, rewind). Widget also doesn't respond to button press, have to open app to have buttons respond. Widget seems to "lock up" all homescreen button presses. Play notification remains persistent even after opening app and pressing pause. Reboot required to remove notification. Tried uninstalling app, reinstalling, with and without deleting all data. Used Build 570 on KitKat 4.4.4 with no issue, so problem definitely seems to be related to Lollipop 5.01. App is paid version from Play store in both cases. Will post Catlog tomorrow after reproducing issue.

• 2 months later...

Ditto.  My HTC M8 (Sprint 831C) is doing funny things as well with Poweramp on Android 5.0.1.  The Poweramp icon stays in the notification bar will not go away unless I reboot the phone.  And when I go to the lockscreen, the album art is displayed as the lockscreen wallpaper and no control widget.  Just a blank toast notification in the middle of the lockscreen.  Music plays fine, just the lockscreen and notification issues. 

Hello,

i have a Samsung S5 and upgraded to Android 5. No Root - Original Firmware from Samsung.

When my S5 connects via Bluetoth with my car radio the music won´t start playing every time. I think 4 from 5 tmes it doesn´t start playing. Sometimes it starts.

Of course i set the options!

With Android 4 it worked fine!

Thank you very much

Best regards

George

• 2 weeks later...

Some new informations about this "bug"?

This is really annoying. The S5 connects via Bluetooth but Poweramp doesn´t start playing. So i have to click manual on the car-radio the play button but everytime the songs start from beginning - really annoying...

Have you tried it on another smartphone?

sorosch

This sounds like Poweramp is being killed by some task manager/battery optimizer (so it doesn't have a chance to save last position). Please try to disable battery optimizer temporarily and check if it helps. If so, add Poweramp to task manager/battery optimizer exceptions list.

Thanks!

Hello maxmp,

the "Energiesparmodus" (energy save modus) and also the "Ultra-Energiesparmodus" (ultra energy save modus) is/was disabled. I have no task manager optimizer or other battery optimizer installed.

Is there perhabs another Lollipop option? I searched in the Lollypop options but i found nothing more.

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i tried the app "Player Pro" and everything works fine with bluetooth. So i think this is a problem with Poweramp.

I start my car and after some seconds "Player Pro" starts playing music automatically connected by bluetooth.

I think this is no problem of Lollypop. Poweramp must change anything to work correct with Lollypop.

Please fix this bug! Have you tried it with the Samsung S5?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

George

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HTC One M8 on Sprint running Lollipop and had been experiencing the same issues, but I was having issues with a lot of different widgets not working. I got a service pack update from HTC and my widgets have been working fine ever since. 

I also have the note 4 once I upgraded to lollipop power amp skips most of the time in my car. I tried delete and repairing the device but still skipping. This happened a few years ago with my droid x it took a few. Months for you'll to update power amp. Please. Advise of fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived