reordering playlists on Galaxy S5

I recently downloaded your app to a Galaxy s5 for evaluation. I like everything about the app except for one major bug that renders your app almost useless to me. I cannot reorder items in a playlist. Grabbing or touching the move icon on the right always grabs a different, seemingly random item. Dragging the item does not work as expected. The track name that appears during the drag is NOT the track (or even an adjacent one) that I grab. In any event, neither the desired track nor the track displayed end up where I drag it. Simply clicking the icon seems to move the track down 5 or 6 spots, sliding everything else up a slot. It's simply impossible to reorder tracks do any desired sequence.

Furthermore, since your playlists seem to be stored in a propietary format I can't edit them directly using a third party app (hardly optimum anyway).

Maybe I'm incredibly stupid but this one problem is preventing me from buying your app and is pushing me in another direction. It's too bad, I like everything else about your app. I googled away and couldn't see that others where habing this problem. Am I crazy?

Thanks in advance for any support and what appears to be an otherwise very solid app. The playlists should be more easily accesiible IMO tho.

I sometimes see some slightly odd behaviour when moving items in a big playlist too (on a Galaxy Note 3). When I drag an item, the dragged text often displays as a different track title (normally the previous track that I moved) although as soon as I release it the originally desired track has been moved rather than the phantom title.

You can export Poweramp playlists as regular M3U files (M3U8 actually, which is the UTF-8 version to allow for wider character sets) and then easily edit them in any decent text editor. That's what I tend to do whenever I'm manipulating playlists with more than a dozen or so tracks anyway, as it gets a bit unwieldy individually dragging songs up and down a 300-item list.

Andre

Thank you for the input. Exporting a list just to reorder it, then having to reimport it seems pretty ridiculous to me. The problem occurrs even in very small lists for me. And even though the name is displayed incorrectly, a DIFFERENT track entirely is moved, neither the one touched nor the one displayed, and what's more, it isn't even moved to where I drop it. The behavour just screws up the playlist entirely. It's impossible to do anyhting.

That doesn't sound right at all, I only see an occasional screen-display issue which does not mess up the actual playlist. Have you logged this via the Get Support facility in the app, as that's the best way to report a specific issue with your setup.

Andre

Well that just takes me back to this post. The catlog app had no menu function for save or send that I could find... just run and pause. :( Thre are no errors being generated so I doubt that log would do any good anyway... Looking for a way to capture screen action as a video on an android... surely there's an app for that? :)

Poweramp, latest version: 2.0.9 build 564-play (Time Limited Trial)

Samsung Galaxy S5

SM-G900P

Android 4.4.2

Kernel 3.4.0-1750661

Hardware Version: G900P.04

I could not figure out how to attach video here directly, here is a public dropbox link to video showing the behavour:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93894983/powerampproblem.mp4

Hopefully that helps...

• 3 months later...

Archived