clear current list of songs

pmaffei432@gmail.com

Hi. I'm not sure that I'll use the right terminology here but when I have a playlist or album that I've queued up to play I want to be able to "delete" it from the list of songs in the queue. Basically I want to clear out now playing or the queue or whatever it's called. Also I vae set up file shortcuts to some mp3s and sometimes when I click it Poweramp does not play it. Poweramp stays on the last song that was "current". Please help

Go into to the Library and click on the Queue option. Then you can see (and re-order) the items currently in the queue. Long-press on any song to see a sub-menu, and if you choose 'Delete' that song will be removed from the queue (but not erased from the memory card).

Max: it might be more logical and user-friendly if the word 'Delete' in those sub-menus was replaced with 'Remove' whenever the function will just remove an entry from the queue or a playlist (rather than physically deleting the file, which should still say 'Delete' of course).

Andre

Hi.  My queue says there are 0 songs in it.  However on the play screen there are 483 songs there (from a playlist I created and "queued" up to play).  I want to wipe those 483 songs out of the "now playing" or "queue" or whatever it's called (but not delete them as a playlist).  I don't want to remove or reorder songs in an particular queue I just want to be able to wipe the queue / now playing list completely clean so that whatever playlist I start playing next will have only those songs being able to be played

Second issue as I noted above is that using an app called "File Shortcut", I have put the playlists I've created into shortcuts from my Galaxy S5 home screen.  Sometimes when I click the shortcut where I would expect the particular song, soundclip or playlist to beging playing, it does not play.  The Poweramp app opens up and the device rotates to Poweramp but the file within the shortcut does not play.

Hi Andre.  SO I tried that.  I went to a music folder, found one song, long-pressed to play (what I thought was) just that song and it did clear out the other 400+ but replaced it with every song in the same folder that I long pressed.  that replacement did not appear to be a "queue" because the queue was still showing 0 songs.

I then tried the same thing and long pressed a song to enqueue.  That did add one and only one song to the actively playing / queue list.  I then deleted that from the queue list.  Closed Poweramp and opened it again and now it's picked a random folder or pre-set playlist and added over 6,000 files to the active "list".

This all seems like alot of work.  I still don't understand why when i tee up a playlist the queue shows 0 songs but when I'm on the play screen it will show, for example "1/6491".  In any event, I just want to wipe the "currently playing" list of songs so that nothing plays even if I hit the play button I want nothing to play unless I have specifically instructed the app to play that. It seems to have a mind of it's own.  This is a shame.  I'm a power music lover and very particular so I really would love having these quirks fixed. Maybe there's a setting that I don't have set right.  Thoughts?

No need to long-press and select anything, just view an Album and tap on any song to start it playing. That then becomes your playback mode from now on, so yes you'll continue on to the next track in that folder afterwards.

Poweramp will display a count of however many songs are in the current 'list'. Depending on the playback mode, the term 'list' could refer to a folder, an Album, an Artist, a Genre, a Playlist, etc.

The 'Queue' is a completely separate thing to your currently playing media though. If you are listing to an Album with (say) 9 tracks, you will hear 1/9, then 2/9, 3/9, etc. Then if you decide to Queue up a few other different songs in the meantime, those queued items be will be played sequentially before returning you back to listening to the original Album at track 4/9 again. The same applies for whatever playback mode you might be using (Folders, Artists, Genre, Albums, etc)

Think of the Queue as a brief interruption of the main playback in order to listen to a few chosen songs.

Andre

Would the developer be willing to add an easily accessible "button" to clear the current "list" of songs that are playing?  For example, I'd like to clear the list and then add a new list.  Or I'd like to (sometimes but not all the time) clear the list when I exit the app so that when I restart it there is nothing in the list until I proactively add something to the list.

As I said above, the "current list of songs" to which you refer is merely the user's selected playback mode - if you are in Album mode, it will be all the songs in the current album, etc. Change to a different playback mode and start a new track playing and the subsequent tracks will update accordingly. The only lists which are exceptions to this are Playlists and the Queue facility.

Could you perhaps explain why this is a problem for you? Or are you asking for a "play one track then stop" option?

Andre

• 9 months later...

Forgive me for reviving an old thread. I'm new here but not completely new to Poweramp.

It doesn't seem to make sense, that a user should create a playlist, if Poweramp is going to ignore it.

All I'm trying to do: Pick a playlist, have Poweramp play it in order. I bother with playlists because it's important to me to play the tracks in a specific order.

If my only recourse is to select an album to play, what's the playlist functionality good for? Also, it forces me to append a number to each music file-name.

Is there any solution?

Right now, I select a playlist with exactly 36 files specified on it, and the currently playing screen shows me 5/48, with the first 4 tracks on the file missing from the currently playing list.

Archived