Root access

jtaylor991

In the FAQ concerning external SD suppoprt, it says "At this moment, we don't have requests for allowing root to the music app, as Poweramp, but if we get more requests, we can add this."

I'm here to formally request this. I have a wireless SD card mounted as a CIFS share mounted in a /mnt folder, since mounting it to /sdcard/[whatever] does funny things with the way mounting is implemented in Android, like only certain things can see it. Poweramp did see it for a bit, but unless I'm on a fresh reboot and everything, it doesn't. Root Explorer can see the contents, but any other app it just shows up as empty. Mounting to a global root folder like /mnt/externalsd works much better, as everything can (potentially) see it.

I'd love to see the ability to browse root folders to add to the library in Poweramp. I'm almost desperate -- if there's any way to compensate for this, like a nice donation, I'm willing to do so for this feature, as no one else seems to have it. VLC is indexing my library right now but it's still in beta so it's not going to be great, I can already tell.

Thanks for your work!

• 3 years later...

Archived