Playing specific track in Playlist not working

NeFa

Hi,

I'm trying to play specific track in playlist, by calling API like below.

startService(new Intent(PowerampAPI.ACTION_API_COMMAND)
                                    .putExtra(PowerampAPI.COMMAND, PowerampAPI.Commands.OPEN_TO_PLAY)
                                    .setData(uridata.build()));

where uridata is

content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/#/files/#

When I specify track id at end, it doesn't work (player does nothing). It works fine with albums, folders, artists.

When I specify index number (starting with 1), some of them work but some doesn't.

Is specifying track for playlist differ from others? What number should I add after files/ path?

Nefa,

I have been trying to resolve a similar issue.

http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/6381-how-to-launch-Poweramp-from-another-andoid-app-into-playing-an-m3u-playlist/

The difference is that your approach is within the Poweramp api whereas I am trying to approach it from an android point of view.

I would be interested to see how you feed pamp a playlist which is then played.

I have a playlist manager app on Google play which is able to process pamp mp3 tags.

Search for Playlist Manager by theo klink.

TheoKlink,

I'm not feeding playlist, I'm simply fetching list of songs from existing playlist,

content://com.maxmpz.audioplayer.data/playlists/#/files

and then trying to play specific song from this list.

• 2 months later...

It appears that the latest version of Poweramp is able to play a playlist when launched by an external app. As long as its scanning has picked up the playlist, it presents the required playlist. Although it does not start to play, you still have to click and play but this is an advance on previous versions. Google Music does play the playlist automatically. My app New Playlist Manager has this functionality built in

http://www.playlistmanager.webspace.virginmedia.com/npm

Archived