Volume drops when starting next track on wired headset

Using version 2.0.9-build-564 on a Samsung Galaxy S-III using Android 4.4.2

Occasionally when listening to music with a wired headset, the volume will drop significantly upon track change.  This does not happen on every track change.  Other apps have normal volume.  The volume setting on the device is unchanged.  This only applies to Poweramp.

Sometimes pausing the music and starting again will remedy.  Sometimes I have to terminate the process altogether and restart it. 

Now I seem to be getting problems where the sound cuts out completely.  The track is still playing, but no audio.  As a test, I dialed into my voicemail.  As soon as it connected, I heard a very quick burst of music before it was paused for the call.  When I hung up, the audio worked fine.

Hello, I have been having the same problem on the Samsung Galaxy S3. When playing music, the Poweramp volume suddenly drops for just the app. I can temporarily fix the problem by going into the audio settings and setting replay gain source to track (although it was already on track) or changing any of the other replay gain settings. I have also tried disabling DVC but that hasn't really helped the problem. This problem usually occurs between songs; the one playing is fine and the next are all quiet. 

Also for a side note, I have replay gain tags for each of my songs from Foobar2000.

Agree, this only happens on track changes, and not consistently (at least that I can tell).  Sometimes, I'll go dozens of tracks without it cropping up, and then sometimes it will do it for 2 or 3 songs in a row.  Toggling the DVC setting corrects the issue for the given track as well.

I have only noticed while using plugged in headphones.  I have used extensively with bluetooth and never noticed the problem.

• 2 months later...

Archived