Moving Poweramp to New Phone. How do you migrate FAVORITES?

jamesrgeib

I have a new phone, and downloading or copying Poweramp from the old to the new phone was easy. However, there is no option to import favorites. Where are favorites stored for Poweramp? Is this a file that can be located on my old SD card or old phone internal memory and moved to the new phone? I had hundreds of favorites, now have none. Perhaps an option to save a 'favorites' file to use on a new phone?

thanks!

James

By favourites, do you mean songs you have marked as a 5-star rating? If so there is currently no way to export ratings (hopefully v3 will allow storing ratings inside the actual audio file tags, but at present it doesn't do this). You could save your old setup using an app like Titanium Backup and then restore (with data) to your new device, but that would require root on both devices.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Another solution (although not perfect)is to use Playlist Manager by theoklink which has the ability to use the pa tags such as rating. By creating playlists for each rating and export to m3u format, you can move these to your new device. Pa can then pick these up again. Downside is that you still have to rerate them manually although you have all the tracks in a playlist.

Archived