Album art and metadata going missing

Hi I have a Galaxy S3 running OmniRom 4.4.4.(rooted) I have the full version of Poweramp and I think it is great. It has been flawless on this Rom for months until a couple days a go I noticed that on some songs the metadata and album art had gone missing on a random selection of songs. The format of these songs varies between MP3,AAC and FLAC. The only way now to distinguish these songs is by the file name. My songs are all stored the sd card. I have tried the usual like doing a full rescan. The only solution I have found holding down the blank album art and selecting edit tags only to find that all the tags are there out of nowhere , when I click save tags I re-add the album art. I have to do this for all the songs which is quite time consuming. I was ok doing it the first time but now this is the third time it has happened and is now really starting to annoy me as going through 300 songs is notice fun. Does anyone know a possible fix for this problem as it does not affect Apollo or Google play music. Many thanks

Saajan

Hai, I'm having a similar problem. I'm running CyanogenMod Android 4.4.2 on a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4. The clear data/cache solution does not solve my problem, and it's different songs, and different number of songs everytime. I also experienced the same problem on my S3 running Paranoid Android (Android 4.3). I'm using a 64GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSD card in the S4, and had a similar one in my S3 until it malfunctioned. I cannot believe a new SD could've gone bad so quick, so I'm suspecting that there's a problem with Poweramp as Apollo picks up all songs' metadata fine.

Archived