Order of songs by folder names and file names does not work automaticly anymore

Mr.B.

Hello,

I have been using Poweramp for probably some 3.5 years now, firstly on Samsung Galaxy S1 and now on S3, currently on Android 4.3.

I had few months break in using it lately during which probably more than single Poweramp update was installed on my S3 and I believe this could be the reason of significant change in Poweramp behavior. I am old school user - I still buy CDs and convert them to flac (mp3 previously) files putting all the necessary information such as artist name, record title and song number and name into folder and file names. The bottom line is that I do not use tags and I do not need and I really do not want Poweramp to even try to manage my music resources by means of functions or options such as library, playlist or queue. All I want is the possibility to go to given album folder (which I feel like listening to at the moment), tap on the song number one and have all the songs in this particular folder played in ascending order sorted by file names which always means song numbers because they are included as the beginning of each file name. This is my system which I have been happily using for nearly 20 years and I really not feel like changing it even slightly. Previously I could achieve this simply by having following options turned on: list options -> by file name, show file names in folders and view as hierarchy and that was it. Unfortunately today Poweramp drove me mad by skipping songs and even jumping to other folders just after first song. I have spent some time trying to figure out what is going on and I could not find pattern of new system of songs ordering (seems to be random) but I have found that the only way to force Poweramp to play all the songs in given folder by file name order is to use Enqueue -> select all -> enqueue which is just extremely annoying. Additionally if I like to listen to more than single album/folder I will be forced to add each next album/folder I want to listen to the queue thing. I am just pissed off. Previously Poweramp was automatically continuing playing files from the next folder (by folder names order which in my case usually means chronologically next record by given artist) and that is what I want. I just can not even imagine other way of listening to music than by artist and by full albums order, all the necessary information to achieve it I already have in my folder and file structure and names and I do not want to be forced to manage any queues or playlists because it is not necessary in my case, it is annoying  and it is wast of time.

Is there any possibility to regain previous behavior?

Regards,

Mr.B.

Thanks, you saved my day and my life almost ;)

Frankly,  I was expecting that shuffle thing is messing up and I tried to turn the damn thing off and I was quite sure I actually succeeded but now it looks to me like all I did was switching between two modes of shuffling probably by reaching to not the right option / menu in the player.

Thank again!

Regards,

Mr.B.

Yes, Shuffle is not an on/off toggle but cycles through four options.

I suggested a while ago that it might be a good idea to switch to using single-tap purely to toggle shuffle mode on and off, and then use long-press to allow the user to select the various modes from a list. Most users probably tend to stick to one shuffle mode most of the time, and would prefer to be able to just turn that mode on and off more easily.

Andre

I have the same issue, and have tried cycling through all shuffle options.  I often listen to classical music and movie soundtracks .. and would like them in original order. Even when "list" option is set by track #, the tunes remain in alpha order. This happens with only about a 1/4 of the CD's I have transferred by using Windows Explorer (the rest show up in correct numeric order as original). On my computer, they are ALL in numeric sequence.

Oddly, when I play the same CD using Samsung Music Player, the tracks show up and play in the proper numeric sequence (including those that play only in alpha sequence with Power Amp). 

All help is greatly appreciated!

• 7 months later...

Yes, Shuffle is not an on/off toggle but cycles through four options.

I suggested a while ago that it might be a good idea to switch to using single-tap purely to toggle shuffle mode on and off, and then use long-press to allow the user to select the various modes from a list. Most users probably tend to stick to one shuffle mode most of the time, and would prefer to be able to just turn that mode on and off more easily.

Andre

I am a Paid customer!
Your Software development Default Order display by Track and next by Title in folder. However it is not looking for the "File Name"
This was available in old code, I have purchased this Player in 2012 only for this reason and Track Art.
The shuffle mode "list" is workaround for this requirement, however this is a Big pain don't work all the time.
Please revert the option was available, or else need to look for some other player with all hurdles.

Folder sorting still works fine.

Go into the top-level Folders view, press the menu button, and use List Options function to sort Folders "By Path" (or "By Name" if you prefer, but I find using the full path is better). There is a separate sort setting available when you are viewing the songs within a folder, and I suggest "By Filename" for that one. And of course also ensure that Shuffle is Off too.

Andrew

• 2 years later...

Why does Poweramp shows file name instead of track name. If i download or rip songs from CDs, i tend to rename them the way it suits me eg DMX Party Up. But Poweramp will be displaying something else or Track 1. How do i get Poweramp to display correctly the track name i renamed it to instead of seeing Track 1 Track 2 or file name xhggwhmsb.@ni.com. The correct track name name are displayed and well arranged when i use other music players to play same music on my phone. This is frustrating. I need help

Check Poweramp Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Filename as Title . That setting forces Poweramp to display the filename in the player screen, even if there is a valid Title ID3 tag embedded in the file, so you should make sure that it is unticked.

Andre

• 4 weeks later...

Poweramp does not play from remote sources. If you have download the songs onto the local device via Google you can play them from the device's own filesystem of course. If so, check that the folder you have downloaded then to is ticked in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders.

Andre

Archived