Car Autoradio Buttons Recognition and Speaker fader

diegudio

Hi there!

First of all, congratulations for the great work you've done so far. I've test the free version and just 2 minutes after I was buying the full one because it was "love at first sight".

I'm using Poweramp on my recently bought Android car stero (autoradio, or whatever you call it). It's one of these chinese units specific for VW cars, and it comes with Android 4.2.2 in a very nice working package (ebay seller, I won't say the name, stereo model ES9401).

From my old WindowsCE-based navigation system I'm really missing the following functionality that perhaps you can bring into Poweramp in the future:

1) Recognize the built-in car-stereo buttons for jumping forward or backwards a song.

My radio has these two buttons on the front and they work with the very limited built-in multimedia player, but they don't work with Poweramp. I know that this is not easy because it will depend on each of the units, but maybe you can add a kind of "search" algorithm that allows you to define the function for the built-in buttons of these chinese units.

In other words, a menu where I can press one of the front-panel button, Poweramp detects this button, and then allows me to add a function to this button (which can be jumping forward a song, or fading the screen black, or opening the SD card folder, or whatever!)

2) Speaker foward-rear fader: this chinese units have a specific Android ROM that is limited in the amount of options in the "Settings" menu. For example, it has no "screensaver" option or the already mentioned "fade-to-black" screen to turn off the screen at night for example.

However, it does have a menu for control of the audio outputs, with a simple 3-band equalizer and a "drag-the-ball" speaker balance and fader, to select to which one of the 4 speakers is the audio going, like in any normal auto-stereo. The problem is that this menu is almost hidden inside the Settings menu.

I was wondering if you can include this option of speaker forward-rear fader inside Poweramp so that you can have this balance-fader option for multiple audio outputs.

Ok, I hope I'm not asking too much...

Thanks in advance!

Diego

It seems that I'm not so good with Android so far :huh:

I've found myself the answer to the second point: there was an app installed that is called "settings" that allows you to create "shortcuts" to the Android settings menu direclty as icons on the android desktop. Therefore, you just need to launch this app from the app panel, then it will ask you which setting menu you want to short-cut, and it gives you the icon to drop on the desktop. Later you just need to click it and it will open directly the desired menu.

I did this for the "audio" sub-menu of the stereo ROM and now I've got the speakers balance/fader menu one click away.

I also solved the lack of "fade-to-black" on the screen for driving at night with two different apps: one called "black screen" which gives you a widget that literally black-out the screen until you touch it again (exactly what I was looking for) and another one called Brightness Level, which let you change the screen brightness with just one click.

Now I just only need Poweramp to recognize the panel buttons and my Android auto-stereo is perfeclty tuned as I want it :rolleyes:.

Cheers,

Diego

Archived