Nexus 5 random audio glitches

I've been using Poweramp for a while now. Previously I used it with my Galaxy S i9000, where everything worked fine. Recently I upgraded to a Nexus 5, and I'm experiencing audio glitches during playback.

It happens randomly every 4 or so songs, it's difficult to describe the sound but something weird defiantly happens. It doesn't matter which song I play, and sometimes it can be 5-6 songs with no glitches at all. They aren't longer then half a second, but still ruining the listening experience.

As far as I can tell it only happens with Poweramp. I've just tried listening to roughly 2 hours with Google Play Music, and no glitches so far.

As I said, I'm using a Nexus 5, currently running newest version of SlimKat (weekly) with ElementalX Kernel.

I've also tried it with Linaro and Code Blue kernel on SlimKat.

Likewise with ParanoidAndroid and Linaro/ElementalX kernel.

Can't remember anything about stock Android, since I rooted pretty quickly.

I'm actually having similar issues on an S4 with Cyanogenmod 11. This is also a 4.4 kernel. I wonder if that is the issue. In my case I could change the buffer and app priority to nearly (but not totally) eliminate the issue.

I also have the same issue on my Nexus4 with slimkat 4.4.4 Build6 official and Franko Kernel R209.

I also had this problem on complete stock rom and kernel and as well on purity build 1/7 (4.4.4) and included kernel (stock 4.4.4).

• 1 month later...

Constant stuttering on my OnePlus One running CyanogenMod 11S Android 4.4.4. It was also happening on 4.4.2

It never happens in Google Music Player. I've tried upping the priority and buffer and it makes no difference :(

Getting pretty frustrating.

Edit: I found a fix. Use GoneMad Music Player :)

• 2 months later...

I bought Poweramp with a Xperia X10 android 2.2, I have been using it for years without problem, since android kitkat, My Nexus 4 with various combinations of roms and kernels including stock, have glitches/buzzing/sounds. Now I have a Nexus 5 too, in both devices same problem...

Archived