Poweramp in odd paused state when BT dissapears

I have an (AptX) BT adapter in my car, however when I turn off the car the power is cut to the adapter. The phone (Xperia Z1, kitkat) doesn't realise this until about 30 seconds later (I guess the connection times out?).

Poweramp then pauses, however the widget/notification/app doesn't show it - the play/pause button doesn't change to play.

Next time BT is connected, it doesnt auto play. Pressing the play/pause button (still showing pause) causes the song to play from the begining.

To get around this I've had llama (an events app) send the media pause command when the BT device disconnects. This results in about 2 seconds of music playing from the phone speaker 30 seconds after I turn off my car, but at least Poweramp properly pauses and autoplays next time it connects.

If you can't reproduce, I'll bring the BT adapter inside and reproduce while phone is hooked upto ADB and dump the logcat, let me know.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have exactly the same issue and what's more the issue is not a new one. My Galaxy S2 experienced this for well over a year, and now my new Sony Xperia Z3 has exactly the same problem. Poweramp is easily the best music player I've found for Android, this issue does tarnish the shine a little though, by making it annoying not knowing if the music will start properly when I get in the car.

It also has the same issue when connecting to my portable Veho BT speaker.

Poweramp 2.0.10-build-571-play (Full Version)

Sony Xperia Z3 Android 4.4.4, build 23.0.1.A.5.77

Car adapter is a Bury CC9068

When the BT is disconnected by switching off the car (or Veho) PA continues to play, then stops after about 30 seconds as mentioned above, but the play indicator remains with the pause || symbol and does not set itself to the pause mode (play symbol), so PA itself seems to think it is still playing even though it can't send to the BT connection any longer. Subsequently when a new BT connection is made, PA thinks its already playing so playing is not initiated. Manually pressing the || in PA will initiate the play, but the indicator does not change,

Archived