Poweramp is not showing the full file name in my folder list

I can't give you an answer I'm afraid (we'll need to wait for Max on this one) but I can tell you it doesn't seem to happen to me when I format up some filenames the same way as yours and choose filename view, I see the whole filename, brackets and all.

Is it worth upgrading to the latest version, just in case? (you were on build 555, whereas 558 is most current).

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I too encode information in my file names, specifically length at the end  in the form (03-06).mp3, indicating 3 minutes and 6 seconds. If I choose to display file name under Settings->Look and Feel->Play UI->Filename as Title, it shows correctly in the player window. However, in the Folders view it shows the Title of the track and not the file name.

In the Folder view I must go into the folder, bring up the menu, and go into List Options. In there is a checkbox "Show file names in Folder". If I select that then it shows the filename as you'd like to see. Did you select that option? For example I see one of mine as, "03 - Sober (05-06).mp3"

I'm guessing the title of your track is something like Rush Limbaugh - Hour 1.flv if you were to look at the tags. What is the title of the track when you long press  and select Info/Tags? Am I missing an option or misunderstanding what you're looking for?

If your software supports it, you might consider encoding the title with the date info in addition to the filename. Also, if that's not possible, under list options you can sort "By filename" if that helps you at all.

I don't use anything in the file name except for debugging purposes. I put all information I really care about in the tags, but I also carefully name artist/album/file etc. to ensure I can identify a track/file if I think there's a defect in some software.

Excuse my ignorance, but where is that indicated? What time in the video and where on Poweramp? I don't use Folder view very much. In the skin I'm using I believe i have to navigate into folder, go into the menu, and select List Options to see that checkbox.

I believe i have to navigate into folder, go into the menu, and select List Options to see that checkbox.

Correct.

The filename are showing in the video where he looks at the folder contents - from about 18 seconds in, those look like filenames rather than Title tags (unless he has added the .flv part to the Title tags too anyway)

Andre

"show file names in folders" was what was necessary to get this to work as expected. that option couldn't have been any more buried. i never would have found that if someone didn't explicitly explain how to get there. and initially, i just went to the root of all folders and that option doesn't exist.

now the question is... why, without that option, is the file name being truncated? these files don't have any tags!!!

pa.png

I assume it's just making a best guess from the whole filename as to what part the actual SONG title might be (i.e. removing any leading track numbers/etc, and remove the extender). The fact that your filenames end in two extenders (.FLV and then .MP3) confused the issue a bit - without that .FLV being visible I'd have suggested the "show filename" option earlier. Glad you've got it sorted now anyway

Andre

Archived