just got the 4.4.2 update for my galaxy s3 today and now there is an audio bug. For whatever reason during the start of a new song, the volume will go waaay down. So low that it sounds like All the equalizer bars are at their lowest setting(but of course, they're not).

Ive messed with all audio priority settings and tried to figure out if another app might be the cause or maybe a new setting is to blame. But nothing works and i cant make the problem happen on demand. It just randomly happens.

The bugged audio will persist untill i stop the music for a while and play a different audio (usually a YouTube vid) and come back to Poweramp and hit play and audio is back to normal

This has been a frustrating experience. Does anyone have a solution?

Well im able to make the problem occur on demand. I just seek through all my songs kinda fast and it eventually happens. It also can occur while a song is playing

Also found a quicker way to quickfix it too. Just change the audio buffer size or audio priority to anything and the volume goes back to normal.

It's definitely Poweramp. Tried recreating the problem on Samsungs player and google music player but failed.

This sucks..

I have the same issue with the audio, it happens when i played 2-4 songs or scroll fast to other songs to listen to, anyway to fix this? I already tried using other players but am sure its the app thats wrong and not the phone. also already tried re installing but didn't work.

I am also having this same issue... Galaxy S3 Stock (US Sprint) 4.4.2 rooted firmware. I have pinpointed it to be the Direct Volume Control. I had it turned on in previous firmwares without a problem. Now it will kill the volume after advancing to the next song it doesn't do it all the time but usually by 5 songs for me. If its turned off it doesn't sound as clean but no problems otherwise. The stock player seems to play fine and it now supports FLAC (new?)

I am guessing the update messed with Poweramp since the stock player now supports FLAC ...would much rather use Poweramp for multiple reasons

• 2 months later...

Archived