Playing Songs Bought on Google Play in Poweramp?

Hi, Im aware that the Poweramp app cannot find music downloaded from google music due to a .nomedia file. I was just wondering if there is any good way to get these songs to show up on the Poweramp app with the metadata still there. Do I need to remove the music from my phone, and then import it in to my phones music directory?

That would work yes, but I don't know whether Google Music includes much metadata within the actual downloaded files. Poweramp doesn't use .nomedia files, it's valid scan locations are governed by the Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders list.

Andre

I deleted all my Google music songs from the phone then downloaded them to my computer and copied those mp3s across to my phone. Google seems to be closing off its music element more than I'd like. In fact I came to power amp because of Google music's poor handling of album art.

While this is not an ideal solution I've chosen to install the Amazon mp3 app. When you download songs they save in good old mp3 in a folder called amazommp3 on the sdcard (/sdcard/amazonmp3) which you can tell Poweramp to have in its library. I don't use the cloud player part of the app as it is terrible. However the price point is similar and the cloud Library available when I'm back at my computer for download there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived